Skype shutting down for no reason

Closed
bouclyvonne@gmail.com - Sep 9, 2020 at 02:30 AM
saurabh2033 Posts 13 Registration date Tuesday August 25, 2020 Status Member Last seen October 6, 2020 - Sep 9, 2020 at 05:35 AM
Hello,

I have a question about my Skype shutting down for no reason. As it happened to much I thought it might be because we had to many photos/videos in our conversation so after I couldn't re-enter our conversation (with other people it worked) I decided to create another account what worked for a while. Now the problem is here again. The moment I click our conversation (his name) skype closes itself. (Normally after deleting our conversation history at my side I could get back into a new conversation with him and that was it. But this time it wasn't, so I tried to reinstall and reboot the phone (Pocophonef1) Only after doing both it worked again. Until this new shutting down of skype I haven't been using the other/older account for over a week/month (not sure). I logged into the old account in the computer to check if it works and it worked there to call him and the moment I changed back to the new account it got stuck (white screen on the pc).

Now to my question: is there ANY chance that the reason could be that I have two accounts and I was switching between them (not on the Pocophonef1). And if so could you explain why?

Me, I think it is that our conversation has to much photos/videos and might have an error/virus that causes the shutdown. But at this moment I really want just to know about my question that is important for me.

And yes in addition to my question, I would be happy to know if someone has a solution or tips how to get into my conversation without deleting the whole conversation (on my side, not his), there it normally got back to work for a week/two.

While my Skype isn't working (when I cannot get into our conversation, he can call and the vision works fine just to the moment when I go back to our conversation window).

System Configuration: Android / Chrome 85.0.4183.81
Related:

1 response

saurabh2033 Posts 13 Registration date Tuesday August 25, 2020 Status Member Last seen October 6, 2020 2
Sep 9, 2020 at 05:35 AM
Hello,
you can try to update your skype with the latest available version or may check the driver webcam setting to fix the issue. These are the general issue that I also faced. So, please try this.