DVD Burning Questions

Closed
PaulZero Posts 4 Registration date Tuesday January 8, 2008 Status Member Last seen February 26, 2008 - Feb 13, 2008 at 05:19 AM
 Kev255 - Feb 14, 2008 at 01:19 PM
Hello,

I'm a real computer newbie, so bare with on this because I dont know much. Also, I'm not sure this is the right section on the forum for my post...

I was reading a post about ISO, and I have no idea what this is.

A guy here at work recorded a movie from TV onto DVD, 3 movies on one disc = not so good quality!!!

I downloaded them to my laptop and burned it to a DVD. But when I put it in the DVD player it just show a still pic...

So here are my questions:

1) I know I can burn photos to DVD and view them on the computer, but my DVD player wont read it. How comes?

2) How can I burn movies on DVD? Which bruning software would you suggest? And how does it work?

Sorry if I'm not so clear.

Thanks a lot.
Related:

1 response

Assuming that the recorded movie wasn't copy righted in anyway, such a discussion is probably against forum rules.

Anyway... it could be a problem with the DVD player.

Actually, many DVD players don't support certain writable DVD formats. Moreover, this could also be linked with the DVDs brand you're using.

Also, how are you burning it? If you're just putting the video file on the CD as a data file, while some DVD players will not have any problem with that, it makes it more likely that it will not be compatible.

You need to find some software that allows you to burn the file as a video (playable in most DVD players). That's an option you can found in any decent burning software. You might try Nero Express - a pretty good free option in my opinion.

Best,