Forgetting the password to your Gmail account can be a huge inconvenience, especially when it is linked to other Google services. If you have forgotten your password and can no longer access your Gmail account, here are a few quick steps to get it back.
How to recover your Gmail password?
- On the Gmail sign-in page click on Forgot password.
- You'll be asked to type the last password you remember:
- If you don't remember it, click Try a different question.
- Enter the secondary email address to receive a recovery email.
- Enter the code into the corresponding window and you will regain access to your Gmail account. This way, you could set up a new password.
- If you don't have another email linked to your Google account, you can also use your mobile phone and receive a verification code on it.
Google no longer supports security questions so there is no possibility to recover your password via them.
N.B. If you haven't accessed your account for 9 months or more, Gmail may have considered your account as abandoned and deleted it from the server. In this case, account recovery is no longer possible.
- How To Recover Username or Password from Facebook, Gmail, Hotmail, or Yahoo
- I forgot my Gmail password and security question [solved] > Forum - Gmail
- How To Recover Your Gmail Password
- How To Recover Gmail Account
- Recover Gmail password [solved] > Forum - Gmail
- How to add a profile picture to your Gmail account?
- What are Gmail's incoming and outgoing servers?
- How to enable the spell checker on Gmail?
- Add a signature in Gmail: via Android, iPhone, computer
- How to use Gmail to send and receive emails
- Restore deleted Gmail emails: from spam, trash
- Send voice messages via Gmail: from PC, iPhone, Android
- What Is Gmail Go?
- Add an image to Gmail signature: with or without a URL
- Delete your Gmail account permanently: from computer, phone
- Create a new Gmail account: without phone number, for child
- How to cancel a sent email on Gmail?
- Recover Gmail account: without phone number, recovery email
- Attach files on Gmail: on Android, iOS, Windows, and Mac
- Change your Gmail password: on iPhone, Android, computer
- Access your Gmail account: via iPhone, Android, PC