Forgetting the password to your Gmail account can be a huge inconvenience, especially when it is linked to other Google services. If you have forgotten your password and can no longer access your Gmail account, here are a few quick steps to get it back.
How to recover your Gmail password?
- On the Gmail sign-in page click on Forgot password.
- You'll be asked to type the last password you remember:
- If you don't remember it, click Try a different question.
- Enter the secondary email address to receive a recovery email.
- Enter the code into the corresponding window and you will regain access to your Gmail account. This way, you could set up a new password.
- If you don't have another email linked to your Google account, you can also use your mobile phone and receive a verification code on it.
Google no longer supports security questions so there is no possibility to recover your password via them.
N.B. If you haven't accessed your account for 9 months or more, Gmail may have considered your account as abandoned and deleted it from the server. In this case, account recovery is no longer possible.