Greatly Disturbing, Audio Recording

Closed
Fardeen - Oct 21, 2011 at 10:49 AM
 Fardeen - Oct 27, 2011 at 09:03 AM
Hello,

I have a Sony Vaio VGN-NR38M modeled laptop which has all the required drivers installed but the microphone does not work at all. It is running on Windows 7. I went to its control panel and then to "Sounds" and to the "Recording" tab where I found the Microphone and it showed that "Not plugged in" but the computer has a built-in microphone in it.

I browsed for help about this problem in Sony's website but my model does not match with their given ones and thus time passes and the problem rises.

If there is any kind of solution to this problem, then please advice.

With thanks and best regards,
Fardeen...

Related:

1 response

Hi there,

I had the same problem with my HP about 6 months ago. If your laptop is like mine, the connection to the microphone above the monitor is a very thin and quite delicate wire that is easy to break/disconnect with only moderate knocking around of your laptop. I'm sorry to say, but I would put my money on it being a hardware/connection problem. If it's a bad connection, and you're fairly savvy, you could theoretically disassemble your monitor and check the connections running to and from the microphone. But this is something I haven't yet had the cajones to attempt for fear of doing more damage.

Sorry I don't have a better prognosis, but I wish you the best!
That being said, you can buy an external mic from radio shack or a used computer accessories store for $5-$25 dollars--would probably be way cheaper than having a repairman fix the internal mic.
That's a great idea! I'll try it out.

Thanks a lot Matt....