Whilst you can easily save photos and videos to your phone, Facebook doesn't allow you to download audio directly through the Messenger app. Here are three different methods for how you can download audio files from Messenger onto your phone or PC.
How to download audio with a mobile browser?
Simply use your mobile browser and go to m.facebook.com (this is the mobile version of the webpage - do not just use facebook.com) and log in to your account. Now go to your messages and open the conversation with the audio message you want to download.
Select the audio file, and the file should begin downloading.
If you are on a desktop computer or laptop, then the process is similar. Again, go to m.facebook.com and then to your message with the audio file. Click the three vertical dots on the right side of the audio clip. Select download and the file will be downloaded onto your PC.
How to download audio with Google Chrome?
You will need to open the Google Chrome browser and go to the specific Facebook chat with the audio file. Now, to use the developer tools you need to select the 3 vertical dots icon in the top-right of Chrome, then go to More tools and select Developer tools. There is also a keyboard shortcut for launching developer tools: Ctrl + Shift + I
The DevTools pop-up window will appear.
- Select the Network tab.
In the Facebook messenger window, play the audio file. Once the audio file is playing, go to the DevTools window where you will the audio file, beginning with “audioclip”.
Double click on the audio file name and you will begin downloading it to your downloads folder.
You should now be able to freely playback the audio file. You may need to use VLC media player if your PC’s built-in media player does not work.
How to download audio with an audio recorder app?
A third and final method for downloading audio from Facebook Messenger is to record it using an audio recorder app, such as Audacity.
Whilst technically this isn’t downloading the original audio file, you are creating a new recording of the audio file which can then be saved to your computer. This method is not as clean as the previous two methods, as there is most likely to be background noise, and a poorer quality of audio depending on the microphone that you use to record it.
Can't log into Facebook says that my password is wrong [Solved/Closed]
Hello, I am unable to log into my Facebook. It says that my password is wrong. I have tried resetting it many times and it never sends me the emai...
I can't open my Facebook profile [Solved/Closed]
Hello, I can log on I can see all the other features on my page but when I try to open my profile it says that it has an Error and that they are tryin...
Facebook Home page won't load [Solved/Closed]
I've seen other messags like mine, but I haven't been able to solve this problem... I have a desktop Emachines computer, and I'm using Windows XP. ...
I need the facebook in english [Solved/Closed]
Hello, I need the facebook in english. I went through the system given advices as well. But the problem is as I typ www.facebook.com, everything is ...
Not getting Facebook confirmation email [Solved/Closed]
Hello, I made my account on Yahoo mail as well as on Facebook, but I have not received the confirmation email in which the confirmation link is giv...
cannot connect to my facebook page [Solved/Closed]
Hello, Whenever I try to log onto my facebook page it doesnt work! After filling out my email and password, and press login, I always get an error me...
Facebook login in english [Solved]
Hello, i am based in the united arab emirates. when I go to the facebook login page it always shows the arabic version.i cannot read a word. how do ...
I can't access my facebook profile [Solved/Closed]
Hello, I can't get into my facebook profile for the past few hour and this is making go CRAZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZY!!!!
Problem with confirmation code at Facebook [Solved/Closed]
Hello, I can't find the confirmation mail to get my code for log in at Facebook. System Configuration: Windows XP Internet
Facebook confirmation code [Solved/Closed]
Hello, what is my confirmation code?Configuration: Windows Vista Internet Explorer 7.0
- How to download audio from messenger
- How To Send Voice Messages on Facebook Messenger
- Download audio track for series
- How to download audio track for movies in mx player > Forum - Audio
- Can't play audio on messenger [solved] > Forum - Facebook
- How to turn off the auto refresh on the Facebook app
- How to turn off private messages on your Facebook page
- How to insert special characters into a Facebook post
- How to delete Facebook browsing history on Android
- What is Vanish mode on Messenger?
- How to use Messenger without a Facebook account
- Recover a blocked Facebook account due to birth date change
- How to auto-save photos in Facebook Messenger
- Block someone on Facebook Messenger: iPhone and Android
- How to turn off notifications on Facebook Messenger
- How to recover a Facebook account
- Appear offline on Facebook Messenger: iPhone, Android
- Primary Facebook email: change, add, and remove it
- Facebook account review: how long does it take?
- Facebook confirmation code not received: what to do
- How to recover a disabled or locked Facebook account