Whilst you can easily save photos and videos to your phone, Facebook doesn't allow you to download audio directly through the Messenger app. Here are three different methods for how you can download audio files from Messenger onto your phone or PC.
How to download audio with a mobile browser?
Simply use your mobile browser and go to m.facebook.com (this is the mobile version of the webpage - do not just use facebook.com) and log in to your account. Now go to your messages and open the conversation with the audio message you want to download.
Select the audio file, and the file should begin downloading.
If you are on a desktop computer or laptop, then the process is similar. Again, go to m.facebook.com and then to your message with the audio file. Click the three vertical dots on the right side of the audio clip. Select download and the file will be downloaded onto your PC.
How to download audio with Google Chrome?
You will need to open the Google Chrome browser and go to the specific Facebook chat with the audio file. Now, to use the developer tools you need to select the 3 vertical dots icon in the top-right of Chrome, then go to More tools and select Developer tools. There is also a keyboard shortcut for launching developer tools: Ctrl + Shift + I
The DevTools pop-up window will appear.
- Select the Network tab.
In the Facebook messenger window, play the audio file. Once the audio file is playing, go to the DevTools window where you will the audio file, beginning with “audioclip”.
Double click on the audio file name and you will begin downloading it to your downloads folder.
You should now be able to freely playback the audio file. You may need to use VLC media player if your PC’s built-in media player does not work.
How to download audio with an audio recorder app?
A third and final method for downloading audio from Facebook Messenger is to record it using an audio recorder app, such as Audacity.
Whilst technically this isn’t downloading the original audio file, you are creating a new recording of the audio file which can then be saved to your computer. This method is not as clean as the previous two methods, as there is most likely to be background noise, and a poorer quality of audio depending on the microphone that you use to record it.
- How to download audio from messenger
- How to download voice message from messenger
- Messenger audio downloader
- Messenger > Download
- Download audio track for series > Guide
- How to download audio track for movies in mx player > Forum - Audio
- Download audio track for movies in english > Forum - Audio
- Mp3 juice download audio > Download
- Turn off Messenger chat heads: on iPhone and Android
- How to pin contacts on Facebook Messenger
- Vanish mode on Messenger: meaning, not working, turn off
- Appear offline on Facebook Messenger: iPhone, Android
- How to turn off notifications on Facebook Messenger
- Block someone on Facebook Messenger: iPhone and Android
- Send attachments: in Messenger and on Facebook
- Add people on Messenger: from Facebook, phone number
- How to auto-save photos in Facebook Messenger
- Send voice messages on Messenger: for iPhone and Android
- Tips and tricks for Facebook Messenger on Android
- How to start secret conversations on Facebook Messenger?
- How to start a group chat: on Facebook, Messenger
- Restore archived messages on Facebook Messenger
- How to use Messenger without a Facebook account
- Use Facebook Messenger: download app, features
- View and manage Facebook Messenger chat requests