If a cell has a certain value after certain date, color the row [Solved]

Ask a question ManxMaggie - Last answered on Jul 18, 2016 05:13AM
Hello,

I'm working with deadlines, and projects need to progress from one stage to another by specific dates.

I have 3 deadlines:
A: Create BRD by date A
B: Get project estimated by date B
C: Begin project development by date C

I have a sheet where all projects are listed in rows where I change the project status (BRD created, project estimated, development started). What I want is for the row to change colors if the project hasn't change its status by the deadlines above.

Is this even possible?
See more 
Helpful
+0
moins plus
Hi ManxMaggie,

Start by slecting all rows you want to apply the conditional format (CF) to and choose to use a formula in CF:
=AND($D2="BRD created",$A2<TODAY())
=AND($D2="project estimated",$B2<TODAY())
=AND($D2="development started",$C2<TODAY())

The column D reference refers to the project status column. Change to match yours.

Best regards,
Trowa
ManxMaggie- Jun 22, 2016 08:09AM
Hi TrowaD,

Thanks for your reply. I'm afraid this didn't work; it's highlighting cells where the value is different to the specified one. e.g. BRD created formula is highlighting project estimated.

Thanks
Add comment
Helpful
+0
moins plus
Hi ManxMaggie,

Then I'm afraid you did something wrong. I repeated the steps and created a screenshot. Maybe you spot something that is different in your scenario (apart from the language):

Best regards,
Trowa
ManxMaggie- Jul 18, 2016 05:13AM
I definitely had something wrong; your screen capture was super useful. Thank you so much for your time and assistance!!
Add comment

Member requests are more likely to be responded to.

Members can monitor the statuses of their requests from their account pages.

A CCM membership gives you access to additional options.

Not a member yet?