If a cell has a certain value after certain date, color the row [Solved]

Ask a question ManxMaggie - Latest answer on Jul 18, 2016 05:13AM
Hello,
I'm working with deadlines, and projects need to progress from one stage to another by specific dates.
I have 3 deadlines:
A: Create BRD by date A
B: Get project estimated by date B
C: Begin project development by date C
I have a sheet where all projects are listed in rows where I change the project status (BRD created, project estimated, development started). What I want is for the row to change colors if the project hasn't change its status by the deadlines above.
Is this even possible?
See more 
Helpful
+0
moins plus
Hi ManxMaggie,

Start by slecting all rows you want to apply the conditional format (CF) to and choose to use a formula in CF:
=AND($D2="BRD created",$A2<TODAY())
=AND($D2="project estimated",$B2<TODAY())
=AND($D2="development started",$C2<TODAY())

The column D reference refers to the project status column. Change to match yours.

Best regards,
Trowa
ManxMaggie- Jun 22, 2016 08:09AM
Hi TrowaD,

Thanks for your reply. I'm afraid this didn't work; it's highlighting cells where the value is different to the specified one. e.g. BRD created formula is highlighting project estimated.

Thanks
Add comment
Helpful
+0
moins plus
Hi ManxMaggie,

Then I'm afraid you did something wrong. I repeated the steps and created a screenshot. Maybe you spot something that is different in your scenario (apart from the language):

Best regards,
Trowa
ManxMaggie- Jul 18, 2016 05:13AM
I definitely had something wrong; your screen capture was super useful. Thank you so much for your time and assistance!!
Add comment

Members get more answers than anonymous users.

Being a member gives you detailed monitoring of your requests.

Being a member gives you additional options.

Not a member yet?

sign-up, it takes less than a minute and it's free!