Excel Forum - solved topics

Ask a question
Search
Close
Results 1 - 50 of about 1,710
  • Solved
  • Multiple Sheets to One Master Sheet Update Solved

Hello, We are a team of 8 who updates a single excel work sheet, and because of this, there is always information missing or overwritten by others et...

FFanatics | Latest reply: vcoolio Apr 12
    13 replies
  • Coloring cells in sheet 2 based on data sheet 1 Excel VBA Solved

Hi!  I would like to ask a question about using VBA for colouring a cell in sheet 2 based on a value of a cell in sheet 1. I want to write a code in ...

Sue-Ellen1994 | Latest reply: Sue-Ellen1994 Nov 4, 2022
    4 replies
  • UDF for Attendance register Solved

Hello, I have used your UDF as shown below to report a date whenever an entry is made in a row of my excel sheet. Function LastAttendanceDate(mDate...

slinger42 | Latest reply: Slinger42 Nov 3, 2022
    2 replies
  • Formula to find last date of attendance Solved/Closed

Hello, I have an excel sheet that enters the time taken by each student on each day for the whole month. The student names are in the rows and d...

Reminv93 | Latest reply: TrowaD Nov 3, 2022
    3 replies
  • How Sum the Column value in Excel via VBA based on criteria? Solved

Hello All, I would like to sum up the column value based on the following criteria (TRUE or FALSE). I have a value in the "E" column and in the "F" c...

Raj_2823 | Latest reply: TrowaD Oct 10, 2022
    2 replies
  • Apply Conditional Formatting Across Several Cells Solved

Hello, I want to change the color of a row if there is text in column A of that row.  I have the following equation: "=AND(ISTEXT($A$2))" ... and I h...

RDavis | Latest reply: rdavis Sep 12, 2022
    2 replies
  • How to add Rows automatically based on Cell Value In Excel? Solved

Hi All, I have a requirement to add the Rows Based On Cell Value In Excel. Below I have attached the snapshot of the requirement details. I have two...

Raj_2823 | Latest reply: TrowaD Sep 12, 2022
    7 replies
  • populate values in textbox based on combobox ,optionbutton Solved

Hello, I  have  the  items  in column B  in sheet1,2,3   and  the  prices  in columns F,G  for sheet1,2      and  the  prices  for columns F  for  sh...

Mussa_8911 | Latest reply: Mussa_8911 Sep 9, 2022
    6 replies
  • Running a macro in different cells Solved/Closed

Hello, I have a question. I recorded a macro to average a series of columns, highlight the averages row in a bold color. I would now like to run the ...

Rinat | Latest reply: Helmy Sep 5, 2022
    4 replies
  • Generating invoice number automatic without repetition Solved

Hello, please I need help , I want VBA CODE  to Generating invoice number  automatic without repetition in my excel any time type in the next cell it...

SOLOMON231 | Latest reply: TrowaD Aug 25, 2022
    3 replies
  • Macro to automatically update a master sheet from multiple sheets Solved/Closed

Hello, I have a file with a master sheet and 6 different individual sheets. Each sheet is considered a project. It includes person's information a...

Monu | Latest reply: TrowaD Aug 16, 2022
    17 replies
  • Working with multiple worksheets in a workbook Solved

Hello, I am completely new to all of this so please bear with me. I am new to forums and how they work so I apologize in advance if this is a repeat ...

buffala77 | Latest reply: vcoolio Aug 11, 2022
    7 replies
  • How to lock in specific cells in a formula going down rows Solved

Hello, I am having an issue with easily repeating a formula I've made. the formula is =IF(AP2=Sheet2!K3,Sheet2!L3,IF(AP2=Sheet2!K4,Sheet2!L4,IF(...

JoshL | Latest reply: JoshL Jun 27, 2022
    2 replies
  • Hello friends. Please help ! COUNTIF formula ? Solved

Hello friends. Please help ! I want a formula ( maybe COUNTIF? ) to count how many "W" and "D" and "L" are found per each range: "B3:B12", "D3:D12"...

realest25 | Latest reply: TrowaD Jun 13, 2022
    3 replies
  • Automatically update one sheet from multiple other sheets Solved/Closed

Hello, I have a workbook with each office location having its own sheet to keep track of project information all with the same column headings. Co...

zboneill | Latest reply: vcoolio May 20, 2022
    7 replies
  • summing values based on matching column across sheets Solved/Closed

Hello, Hello, I would match data across sheets based on matching columns B then should add & summing the values to sheet summary under heade...

leapout | Latest reply: leapout Apr 26, 2022
    6 replies
  • how to copy data after at a fixed cell Solved/Closed

Hello, I have the following data for which it needed to be copied on another sheet after a gap of 7 cells for each entry in Sr No. column. Li...

skprma | Latest reply: skprma Apr 13, 2022
    2 replies
  • Autogenerate alphanumeric ID numbers in Excel? Solved/Closed

Hiya! Let me start off by saying I am NOT a tech person so I don't even know if this is possible. I am trying to create an excel sheet where I can ...

NoTechKnowle... | Latest reply: vcoolio Mar 2, 2022
    3 replies
  • search across all open workbooks for user defined criteria Solved/Closed

Here is my problem - we store info into files that use an index number (changes with each file created) plus 2 criteria to keep track as we produce ma...

Tbonekiller | Latest reply: TrowaD Mar 1, 2022
    5 replies
  • auto-fill items repeatedly for two sheets based on another Solved/Closed

Hello, I have two sheets(FIL1,FIL2) should auto fill some items into column A repeatedly . it depends on sheet REP after matching based on colum...

leapout | Latest reply: TrowaD Feb 24, 2022
    3 replies
  • Copying a row based on a integer in a cell Solved/Closed

Hello, I am needing help making a macro that will allow me to do a number of things, that may or may not be able to be done with one single macro. (...

Sheepy_777 | Latest reply: TrowaD Feb 24, 2022
    5 replies
  • how split column into multiple columns for multiples sheets Solved/Closed

Hello, I need macro to split column C for sheets REP1,PROC1 into columns C,D,E based on matching column B with column B into sheet RP ...

Hasson_6770 | Latest reply: Hasson_6770 Feb 15, 2022
    6 replies
  • match & add missed items between two sheets Solved/Closed

Hello, I have two sheets contain the same structure of data . the result should show in column B,C into sheet2 based on matching with sheet1 . ...

abdomegahri | Latest reply: TrowaD Feb 8, 2022
    12 replies
  • How to add rows that meet specific conditions Solved/Closed

Hi Every week at work we get data about new jobs that have been completed at our company, and I add that data to a raw data tab. In the summary tab...

SalinaSJames | Latest reply: vcoolio Jan 28, 2022
    1 reply
  • Changing values in one cell depending on drop down Solved/Closed

Hello, I created a drop-down list of scores (ie. 10, 20, 30 to 100) in cell A1. In cell B1 I want it to show a specific number value based on which...

NOVA007 | Latest reply: vcoolio Jan 21, 2022
    3 replies
  • Conditional formatting: change fontcolor based on another cell Solved/Closed

Hello, I have "text" in cell B1. However, I want the font color to change based on the numerical value in cell B8; so if the number in cell B8 ran...

wandanuila | Latest reply: Ravi Jan 3, 2022
    18 replies
  • IF function: Conditionally multiplying a value Solved/Closed

Ok so I am trying to create a formula that would use a different calculation based on an answer. So when I get the number 2 in a cell then the data us...

BeastNZ | Latest reply: TrowaD Dec 20, 2021
    1 reply
  • copy adjacent Columns in excel if the ID numbers same Solved/Closed

Dear all, I have ONE HELP in excel to copy two columns data( Qty & Amount ) from another sheet if the ID numbers are same.. I have created one...

Ganesh_131 | Latest reply: TrowaD Dec 13, 2021
    1 reply
  • If cell contains multiple text how to add other cell value? Solved/Closed

Hello, I am struggeling with my excel sheet and need help. I will rather give it in an example. A1 and B1 contains a price, C1 contains three s...

Iza | Latest reply: TrowaD Dec 13, 2021
    1 reply
  • How to Insert an Image into an Excel Comment Box (Mac) Solved/Closed

Hi I'm on Mac with Excel 16.53 and I want to insert an image into a comment box. I read this : https://ccm.net/apps-sites/software/4079-how-to-i...

GNAGNAGNA | Latest reply: TrowaD Nov 22, 2021
    1 reply
  • Formula in excel to show amount in cell Solved/Closed

Hello, I need a formula that show the amount in another cell if some text is found in another cell. Like this; A2: 500 B2: Done C2: result t...

Mayra | Latest reply: vcoolio Nov 17, 2021
    3 replies
  • How can I link optionbutton and textbox based on selected from combobox Solved/Closed

Hello, hi actually I got this codes from another web and mod some . it succeed and works , but my question how should link with the others tools ...

abdelfatah_0230 | Latest reply: TrowaD Nov 4, 2021
    5 replies
  • Multiple IF arguments Solved/Closed

Hello, I am trying to get Excel to look at data in two cells and depending on the combination it finds in those cells, record a different TRUE sta...

Tim | Latest reply: Tim Nov 2, 2021
    2 replies
  • add missing data before TOTAL row after matching between two sheets Solved/Closed

Hello, I'm new begginer in vba and I hope some help I have data in two sheets . should match data beween them. the match depend in COL ...

Mussa_8911 | Latest reply: TrowaD Oct 18, 2021
    5 replies
  • Code to move rows into another sheet based on certain values Solved/Closed

Hello, I've seen different variations on this question, but haven't seen any answers that specifically address moving rows based on multiple value...

jcbbach | Latest reply: vcoolio Oct 8, 2021
    3 replies
  • cell value = sheetname to pull information from in excel formula Solved/Closed

I am trying to pull data from another sheet using the formula (located in B26) below, but I want to replace the sheetname ('9.60'! in this case) with ...

Tbonekiller | Latest reply: TrowaD Oct 4, 2021
    3 replies
  • Return Seq Values Until Blank value then return different set of seq values Solved/Closed

Hello, What is a formula to return a specific set of values in sequential cells until the reference sequence returns a blank value then start return...

lorieb63 | Latest reply: TrowaD Sep 30, 2021
    1 reply
  • how deal with this complicated code and updating(subtraction between two sheets) Solved/Closed

Hello, I need help from experts to updating this complicated code . I know this way is very complicated to subtracting the item...

Hasson_6770 | Latest reply: TrowaD Sep 27, 2021
    11 replies
  • I want to find date of joining Solved/Closed

Hello everyone i have a attandance sheet like this i want to find date of joining by formula. Mean on which date from 1 to 31 he started to work i w...

Ansh_5770 | Latest reply: TrowaD Sep 20, 2021
    1 reply
  • How do I compare two worksheets where added value will copy to sheets3 Solved/Closed

Hi, is it possible to get output as below where original in sheet1 and sheet2 will added 1 then in sheet3 it will sum the qty which previous qty is 2 ...

aze_123 | Latest reply: TrowaD Sep 14, 2021
    5 replies
  • How to rank the last top ten students Solved/Closed

Hello.. Am a teacher.am preparing results of 126 student.. So I need to find the last ten students among those 126.

James07392 | Latest reply: James07392 Sep 9, 2021
    2 replies
  • VBA Code to Copy Worksheet multiple times and rename based on list Solved/Closed

Hello, New VBA user.. I have created code to copy a worksheet multiple times and rename based on a list in excel. However, I am receiving an e...

Hpence | Latest reply: rogerio Sep 4, 2021
    3 replies
  • How can I change a cell daily Solved/Closed

Hello, I will try to explain the best I can, I have some cells 'A1, A2, A3, A4' that I fill up daily with numbers ex: -day1 I will input ...

Pupic4fun | Latest reply: TrowaD Aug 30, 2021
    7 replies
  • Shared content between 2 cells on 1 sheet and on 2 sheets Solved/Closed

Hello, I have cell 'A1' and cell 'B1' How cand I do a formula so I can tipe something in A1 and B1 is the same content, but I would like it bouth w...

Pupic4fun | Latest reply: TrowaD Aug 30, 2021
    3 replies
  • What will MS Excel return when E2-F2 is entered in a cell? Solved/Closed

Hello, What will MS Excel return when E2-F2 is entered into a cell?

Joseph | Latest reply: TrowaD Aug 26, 2021
    1 reply
  • pop message into textbox on userform if number is exceeded Solved/Closed

hello I have userform contains multiple comboboxes and textboxes . the comboboxes1,2,3 should match with sheet data in COL B,C,D ...

Hasson_6770 | Latest reply: Hasson_6770 Aug 24, 2021
    13 replies
  • Create folder in desktop with vba, if exist, ignore Solved/Closed

Hello, How to create folder in desktop with vba whenever the excel book is opened, if exist, ignore. Message if create new folder, silent if th...

viriato74 | Latest reply: viriato74 Aug 21, 2021
    5 replies
  • merge data across multiple sheets in one sheet and calculate the values Solved/Closed

hi I have data in multiple sheets the same structure some sheets have duplicated data so it should merge and summing the value...

kalilme | Latest reply: kalilme Aug 18, 2021
    18 replies
  • Grey out an entire row in Excel 2010 depending on a cell's value Solved/Closed

Hi all, I am trying to grey out an entire row in excel 2010 depending on a cell's value. Each cell has a drop down list: Yes, No, Maybe etc ...

deeptis | Latest reply: T Aug 11, 2021
    11 replies
  • Multiple Mathmatical Calculations For Profit Solved/Closed

Hi, I'm trying figure out how to create a formula to calculate profit from a row with multiple options. column n*o=a column p=b column q=c co...

Tom268 | Latest reply: TrowaD Aug 5, 2021
    3 replies