Non-Receipt of Vefification Code

Closed
TFulger - Dec 29, 2019 at 08:44 PM
David Webb Posts 3177 Registration date Monday November 25, 2019 Status Administrator Last seen May 15, 2023   - Dec 30, 2019 at 08:01 AM
I bought a new Samsung Cell phone, the apps were transferred from the old phone to the new one. On my old phone, I could open my yahoo email without using a password, only had to click on the mail icon. If attempting to access my via a computer, etc., I would enter my email address, then click "Next", a message would be sent my cell phone asking whether or not I was trying to open my emails, giving my the options of a check mark for yes or an "X' for no. After clicking on the check mark, the yahoo email on my computer would then open up. If on another computer other than my home computer, a verification code would be sent to my cell phone, instead of the verification code going to my new phone, it is stated to be going to my old (closed) phone, How can I solve this problem? Thanks.

System Configuration: Windows / Edge 18.17763

1 response

David Webb Posts 3177 Registration date Monday November 25, 2019 Status Administrator Last seen May 15, 2023   6,926
Dec 30, 2019 at 08:01 AM
Hello, this is the best answer from when this question was previously asked:

First, Sign in to your Account Info page. Then follow these steps:
  • Click Account security.
  • Click Add recovery phone number.
  • A pop-up window opens.
  • If you already have a phone number set for your account, click the existing phone number.
  • Enter the mobile number you'd like to use in the field provided
  • If you're adding a second mobile number, click Add recovery phone number.
  • Click Send SMS or Call me.
  • Enter the SMS verification code you were sent.
  • Click Verify.

All set! Make sure you enter your SMS verification code so that we can use it to confirm your identity if you run into trouble.

If you don't receive your message within 24 hours, it's ok! You don't need to request a new one, but you may need to perform some extra steps form our verification help article.

Good luck