When will WhatsApp stop supporting iOS 12?

Closed
belhui873 Posts 1 Registration date Tuesday March 21, 2023 Status Member Last seen March 21, 2023 - Mar 21, 2023 at 12:31 AM
amman76 Posts 3 Registration date Wednesday March 29, 2023 Status Member Last seen March 29, 2023 - Mar 29, 2023 at 06:39 PM

Hello,

I believe it was at the start of this year that WhatsApp stopped supporting devices that ran iOS 10 or iOS 11. In terms of iPhones, I gather iOS 12 is the minimum operating system that WhatsApp will work on.

I searched online and found nothing and contacted WhatsApp but did not get a reply. Maybe one of you here has found an online article that can help answer this question or maybe you have an idea when.

My question is: when will WhatsApp stop supporting iPhones that run iOS 12? When do you believe from personal opinion or based on some fact?

Related:

1 response

amman76 Posts 3 Registration date Wednesday March 29, 2023 Status Member Last seen March 29, 2023
Mar 29, 2023 at 06:39 PM

Hi there,

WhatsApp currently supports iPhones that run iOS 12 or later. While there is no official information from WhatsApp about when they will stop supporting iOS 12, it is likely that they will continue to support this operating system for the foreseeable future.

WhatsApp typically announces when they will stop supporting an operating system well in advance to give users time to upgrade to a supported version. It is also worth noting that the minimum supported operating system may change over time as new features are added to the app.

In my personal opinion, WhatsApp is unlikely to stop supporting iOS 12 anytime soon, as it is still a relatively recent operating system and many users still rely on it. However, it is always a good idea to keep your phone's operating system up to date to ensure that you have the latest security and performance enhancements.

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any other questions.