I cant install games

Closed
Saurn117 - Aug 23, 2009 at 12:30 PM
sharpman Posts 1021 Registration date Saturday May 23, 2009 Status Contributor Last seen October 20, 2010 - Aug 24, 2009 at 11:50 AM
Hello, i just got my computer completely wiped cus of all this crap that got on it but the guy at bestbuy who wiped it gave me backup cd's the first one worked fine but then when i put in the second disc it whirred for about a minute and nothing happened then i tried to install a game thast i know works on my comp but still it wirred for a bit a nothing happened i even went into my comp and i have 2 hard disc drives[c and d] and i have a bunch of things labeled under devices with removeable storage and i dont know what to do or which thing to open please HELP
Related:

5 responses

its not a laptop its an emachines desktop i've been putting the discs in the same tray i've always done the tray itself physically says RW and DVD on it so i dont know what the damn problem is like i said the first backup disc the guy made me worked great but now none of them seem to even register.
sharpman Posts 1021 Registration date Saturday May 23, 2009 Status Contributor Last seen October 20, 2010 183
Aug 23, 2009 at 02:11 PM
what was the first disk you used? sounds like after that was used the dvd/cd drive has not been installed.
what laptop are we talking about?
sharpman Posts 1021 Registration date Saturday May 23, 2009 Status Contributor Last seen October 20, 2010 183
Aug 23, 2009 at 03:04 PM
if you put the first dvd back in your cd drive can you read that?
nope nat a damn thing i even checked all the cables and tgeres a blue screw-in one that says dvd so i pulled it out put it back in a really tightened it cus i figured it was loose still nothing
Aug 24, 2009 at 06:31 AM
quick question. how many dvd/cd drives do you have?

go into device manager, is the cdrom mentioned in there?

(right click on my computer, select properties (at bottom), select hardware tab, click on 'device manager')

there should be an entry for dvd/cd-rom drives
click on the + to the left.
are there any entries, if so do they relate to your model of dvd drive that you are using?
i did that under dvd/cd rom drives theres something called TSSTcorp CD/DVDW TS-H552B with a yellow "!" at the beggining of it and if i click on it it says thats its a standard DVD player buts it's location is listed as 0(0) and in a small box it says that " that windows succesfully loaded the device driver for this hardware but cannot find the hardware device [code 41]

click troubleshoot to start the trouble shooter for this device.

i did this and it took me to some search window but i dont know what to search

Didn't find the answer you are looking for?

Ask a question
Aug 24, 2009 at 11:50 AM
unplug your dvd drive, reboot your pc,
go back to device manager and locate the entry for the TSSTcorp CD/DVDW TS-H552B
right click on it and select uninstall.
shut down the pc
plug the dvd drive back in
reboot the pc.
it should go thru the process of detecting and installing the drivers for the dvd drive