Problems with my E: drive cd/dvd

Closed
blueyezz Posts 3 Registration date Sunday August 30, 2009 Status Member Last seen September 5, 2009 - Sep 3, 2009 at 01:04 AM
blueyezz Posts 3 Registration date Sunday August 30, 2009 Status Member Last seen September 5, 2009 - Sep 5, 2009 at 01:49 AM
Hello,

i downloaded advast to see if i had a virus. it says i show no cd in drive. i do have one in the drive. it sounds like it is trying to read it, but then stops. i have had my compaq presario with vista for about 6 months and have only watched dvds. i haven't burned anything. i watched a workout video the other day and then i tried to play something else, and it doesn't work. it does as i said before. at times it ejects the disk. i have uninstalled the E: drive and restarted to install it. now another thing...everytime i restart, systemapp pops up with an origin code. it says restore. i restore and hit ok and it seems nothing happens. because everytime i start up my computer, it pops up again. what could the problem be?

3 responses

Excelguru Posts 261 Registration date Saturday April 11, 2009 Status Member Last seen June 21, 2011 307
Sep 3, 2009 at 04:19 AM
blueyezz Posts 3 Registration date Sunday August 30, 2009 Status Member Last seen September 5, 2009
Sep 3, 2009 at 10:14 AM
I'm not sure if this makes a difference, but when i check all my drives including E:, they all say they are working properly. even though E: isn't working properly, it says it is. Thanks for the info, I'll try this and see how it goes.
blueyezz Posts 3 Registration date Sunday August 30, 2009 Status Member Last seen September 5, 2009
Sep 5, 2009 at 01:49 AM
ok. i got through the step up to the upperfilters. didnt see any uppfilters or lowerfilthers. my systemapp properties window keeps popping up everytime i turn on computer. says restore, but doesn't help. says "type"and the orgin: gives me a code. also, when i start my comp, it is slower now. i downloaded advast, but it will not allow me to scan my E: drive. If i were to purchase mcafee or something like that, would it kill the virus if i have one and trojans or spyware? and i never registered my computer when i bought it..could this have anything to do with my prob???? thank you for all the help by the way.

ericka