DVD can't read CD

Closed
annguyen1992 - Sep 5, 2009 at 04:36 PM
raik.48 Posts 9 Registration date Friday September 4, 2009 Status Member Last seen October 2, 2009 - Sep 6, 2009 at 01:43 AM
Hello,
My DVD RW drives cannot read any blank CD (barely, in 5 memorex cds i bought, only 1 cds could be read, i guess it's lucky!). But, it can read DVDs fine, what's wrong with my DVD Drives? please, give me solution for this, thank you!
Related:

3 responses

NAMELESS JERK
Sep 5, 2009 at 05:05 PM
i dont know what you mean, maybe it doesn't read it because you maybe like drop it, not drop it, but like if its a laptop, you're with on the bed and put it on the table and it hits the table kinda hard, so the driver gets kinda messed up, if this is your problem, just restart your computer and try again, it worked for me, hope this helped or if this wasnt the awnser you wanted to hear about that didnt have any sense on your question, sorry.
it's already installed in my dell desktop slim
raik.48 Posts 9 Registration date Friday September 4, 2009 Status Member Last seen October 2, 2009
Sep 6, 2009 at 01:43 AM
hi!

this is the general problem of the DVD RW nowadays. i guess your DVD drive is old. The same problem had happened to me. there are two things you can do, you can send it to the Manufacturer and get is fixed within warranty or the lens dirtyness might have caused this and you can clean it or buy new one.

hope this helps you!