NETWORK PROBLEM

Closed
Binu - Sep 11, 2009 at 09:21 PM
 Homecomp - Sep 12, 2009 at 02:55 PM
Hello,
I have a windows xp laptop.last month i reinstalled my computer after my wireless network is not working. now i used an ethernet cable . how will i connect my laptop wireless router. my connection is vergin media national connection ( Bt phone line through to internet) how i can use this laptop wirelessly anywhere else in the house? .
pls reply me

Thanks.....

Binu

Configuration: Windows XP
Internet Explorer 8.0

2 responses

closeup22 Posts 8923 Registration date Friday May 15, 2009 Status Member Last seen October 7, 2010 2,099
Sep 12, 2009 at 08:14 AM
hi there,

you must install the wireless driver

use cd from manufacturer

or download it from official manufacturer website

Thanks
Hi,
First make sure you have the Wifi plugged in and connected to the Telephone line and you have set up the Connection with the set up disk from Virgin Media. It can be done without the disc, but it will take some time explaining what to do.
Once you have the setup disc on the laptop follow the instructions and plug in the cables as directed and then switch on when directed as well.
You will initially need to be directly wired to the Wifi to set it up.
One this has been done you can disconnect the cable from the Wifi.
Make sure your Wifi is switched on on the Laptop, then go to to the wireless network setup in the Control Panel, or look for the wifi icon in the bottom right hand corner, if its there right click it and select open network connection, find the wifi icon and right click and select connect to a network and you will be shown a list of networks your wifi laptop can find. select yours and click connect. if it asks for a password enter the password you entered when setting up the wifi earlier.
Hope this helps.
Steve