I am needing some advice I have been trying to connect my playstation2 to my laptop via the networking
plugs the 8 wire ones I gather is ethernet but im not sure, now I want the ps2 to connect to my mobile broadband.
so when I open network connections after connecting ps2 it shows four connections two in dial up one being vodafone mobile which is what I use for the net and is 3g and a disconnected 3g one by the same company, now in the LAN or high speed internet section there are two other connects, one is a wireless network connection obviously WiFi but the other is the playstation I guess and it is named Local area connection under that it says
unidentified network , so I thought all I had to do was select the mobile broadband connection and then select the local area connection right click bridge the connections and away you go but when I have both connections highlighted it wont give the bridge connections option and if you right click just on the local connection and try to bridge it gives an error saying to create a network bridge you must hve at least 2 LAN or high speed internet connections that are not being used by internet connection sharing, its driving me mad can anyone help . I have a
H.P. laptop running vista ultimate
To create a network bridge you must
To create a network bridge you must select at least two lan - Best answers
To create a network bridge you must select at least two lan or high speed internet connections - Best answers
1) Connect ethernet cable to PC/Laptop and xbox console.
2) Open Network Connections
3) Right click Wireless Network Connection and select Properties.
4) Click the Sharing tab and make sure the top box is UNCHECKED!
5) When finished, repeat steps 3 and 4 for Local Area Connection. If there is no Sharing tab, "don't do anything on local area connection!!
6) Highlight both Wireless Network Connection and Local Area Connection, right click, and Create Bridge. You should then notice your Wireless Network Connection drops down with the new Bridge Connection
7) The most important part now is to right click Local Area Connection and Add To Bridge."
THIS IS THE ONLY WAY.DO NOT GO TO COMMAND PROMPT,DO NOT MESS WITH IP ADRESS,AND DO NOT FIDDLE WITH ANYTHING EXCEPT WHAT IS EXPLAINED HERE.YOU CAN TRUST ME BECAUSE I HAD THE SAME PROBLEM AND THIS WAS THE ONLY SOLUTION.