Computer Unsavvy

Closed
Shakira - Sep 20, 2009 at 11:57 PM
sarbel.vilo Posts 233 Registration date Tuesday November 18, 2008 Status Member Last seen August 1, 2010 - Sep 21, 2009 at 10:18 AM
Hello,

I just bought a netbook ASUS Eee pc 1005 HA, and I hooked it up to my cable modem at home and it only picks up a low connectivity. I tried that for about 3 days and today I decided to take it to a wi-fi hotspot and see if I could get anywhere. I received a very strong signal and was even able to access the internet, temporarily. I kept getting knocked off and receiving a message that said it couldn't locate the IP address, what does this mean?? How do I fix this problem?? I'm far from computer savvy but as a college student I needed something lightweight and easy to carry around campus. Is there something that I need to purchase in order for this cpu to work with wi-fi or wireless or even my modem at home?? HELP PLEASE!

1 response

sarbel.vilo Posts 233 Registration date Tuesday November 18, 2008 Status Member Last seen August 1, 2010 31
Sep 21, 2009 at 10:18 AM
It depends on the wi-fi signal if ever it's strong or low but i guess there is a problem internaly, so you should go back where you bought it and tell them to change it for another one.