Vista and XP net work set up

Closed
Hein - Sep 21, 2009 at 11:26 AM
 sweetypie - Sep 22, 2009 at 01:02 AM
Hello,

I have a Desktop that runs vista premium ed. wich is connected to a netgear router via eithernet cable. The router then connects to the phone socket in the wall (the ISP)and the power cable for the router. It is a wireless enabled router(able to do wireless). Then i have a laptop that runs XP home ed. wich has wireless capabilities. My X-Box also picks up the router for online gaming no prob there! I just want the laptop to get on the NET please help! I dont care if it is part of the network. If it needs to be i will understand.The laptop can not move from its current location becuase its screen dont work and i am running it through my tv set(as a monitor) so it has to be wireless. My desktop PC is in another room with the router and i cant run any eithernet cables there. I have had an IT mate come and have a look but to no avail. Am on the verge of giving every thing away or destroying it all, out of frustration. I am studying AutoCad and need to get on the web from my laptop as that is where the software is loaded on (vista i think is c.r.a.p.).I loved it when it came out but now that i'm strugelling not so much.
Can any of you genuises out there give me advise on this matter please.
Related:

1 response

hi......just buy an usb adapter for ur laptop......most of the times a laptop would have an inbuilt card......to check just click START---go to RUN--type in "ncpa.cpl" there check if u have an option wireless network connection..if u have it then no need to buy an adapter or elsi buy an usb adapter