2 PC's the same one OK on internet, the other

Closed
Ramsey - Sep 21, 2009 at 03:08 PM
sweety$pie Posts 8 Registration date Monday September 21, 2009 Status Member Last seen September 30, 2009 - Sep 22, 2009 at 01:22 AM
Hello,
I have 2-HP Pavilion dv2000, My DSL is wirerless using router.
On is able to Access the Internet, when I check the Icon says; Access: Local and Internet. The other says; Access: Local Only.

I'm not sure If using Internet Explorer 8 on the not connecting Laptop
Related:

2 responses

sharpman Posts 1021 Registration date Saturday May 23, 2009 Status Contributor Last seen October 20, 2010 183
Sep 21, 2009 at 04:16 PM
I would shut everything down, modem router and all connected computers.

boot up in the following order

1 modem - wait 30-60 seconds to complete initialization and connect to your isp
2 boot up your router. again wait a while for all initialization to complete (about 30 - 60 seconds)
3 boot up one of your computers - check Internet connection
4 boot up next computer - check Internet connection.

and so on for all computers on your network
sweety$pie Posts 8 Registration date Monday September 21, 2009 Status Member Last seen September 30, 2009 5
Sep 22, 2009 at 01:22 AM
i think the ip addr on your computer is manully assigned and is not matching with the ip addr provided by your rtr

click start--control panel--network and internet--network and sharing centre---manage network connections--right click on wireless network connections--click on properties---double click on internet protocol ver 4(tcp/ip)--select the option "obtain ip addr automatically' and 'obtain dns automatically" and try to go online

or
click start--control panel--network and internet--network and sharing centre---manage wireless networks---remove all preffered networks including your network name---again click on connect to a network and connect typing proper password