Bad Bios checksum. Starting BIOS Recovery

Closed
kai173 - Sep 28, 2009 at 06:03 AM
 dani - Jul 13, 2010 at 08:04 AM
Hello,

This is what happened:
I was just surfing the internet and using MS Paint then suddenly, my computer restarted...
when it came back on, it showed the message:
"We apologize for the inconvenience, but Windows did not start successfully...etc..."
it gave me options to continue in safe mode, start normally or use the last good configuration.
I tried allof them but every single one of them resulted in a blue screen that flashes really quickly with white words written in it.

I've tried not selecting anything and letting it "start windows" in its own "in 30 seconds". And still it goes to the blue screen.

I could only read the first phrase of the blue screen... it was something like: "A problem has occurred and Windows has been shut down to protect damage to your system." or something like that...

And then it says that it could be because of hardware/software that's been unproperly downloaded or something and to make sure that it's downloaded correctly.

I tried pressing F8 when windows was booting and I tried booting from the CD... I think it only made it worse
now, when I turn it on, it says:
"GeForce FX 5500 BIOS Version 4.34.20.87.ON Copyright (C) 1996-2003 NVIDIA Corp. 256.0MB RAM

Bad Bios checksum. Starting BIOS Recovery"
then it started looking for a CD or a Floppy

I tried restarting it again and now, it won't even start.
The monitor just displays:
"Self Test
Check your PC and Signal Cable
Monitor is Working"

Someone please help!
Related:

3 responses

Blocked Profile
Sep 28, 2009 at 09:10 AM
Hi there,

There might be some missing system files. Try checking your disk for more accurate reason why the PC is messing up. Yet it will be easier to have contact with a computer technician in order to solve your problem. You might have to format your PC in order to solve your problem but keep in mind that you will lose information.

Thanks in advance.
how do I exactly format my PC? it won't even turn on now...
it turned on last night and it worked normally, it said that the computer has just recovered from a serious error, but the next day (today), it won't turn on again. The monitor's just showing the:

"Self Test
Check your PC and Signal Cable
Monitor is Working"

message again... I checked the signal cable and it was properly attached to the computer...
Formatting your PC has nothing to do with being able to start your computer and see the bios doing it's thing. This is obviously a bios or hardware issue. Start by replacing the battery on the motherboard (looks like a silver quarter). If that doesn't work it's most likely a corrupted bios (in this case, send it too the manufacturer to get re-flashed), memory compatibility problem (or your memory is failing), or your motherboard is dead (in this case, I would still send it to the manufacturer, as it might be a blown capacitor, lead, oscillator, etc).
hi I no my computa done dis best thig to do is to take it to a computa shop