Cs2 update problems

Closed
dcv - Oct 25, 2009 at 04:32 PM
 dcv - Oct 26, 2009 at 04:42 PM
Hello,
I just got the 5d mark ii and now can't open my cr2 files in either ps2 and ps4. I tried to update my ps4, as i found the suggestion in the forum but it says it's having trouble updating so i had to cancel. my ps4 is a legal upgade to my ps2. the upgrad ran successfully. don't know what to do now as i have a whole photo shoot session with cr2 that i can't open to edit in camera raw. can anyone please help?

thanks,
diane

1 response

brakers Posts 117 Registration date Sunday August 17, 2008 Status Member Last seen November 29, 2009 40
Oct 26, 2009 at 05:49 AM
Hi There Sorry to hear you are having problems.
I am not a Cannon user I'm a Nikon man myself "Don't shoot Me"
I have been looking around and someone sugested the following which worked for them.

"Download DNG converter 5.4 from the adobe website. It does actually convert to DNG format despite what it says on the website. You must put you raw files into a folder and then drag the folder onto the DNG converter icon. It will not process an individual file from the desktop."

Hope this helps you
Best of Luck
Tony B.
hey thanks so much for responding! i actually found the Camera Raw update on the Adobe site and installed it and now it works! I will keep your reference in mind when i want to start converting to DNG. just trying to avoid that one extra step for now.
--diane