Matshita dvd-ram uj820s not working

Closed
yavben Posts 6 Registration date Tuesday August 12, 2008 Status Member Last seen August 19, 2008 - Aug 12, 2008 at 11:19 PM
 Handsome - Dec 29, 2008 at 11:25 AM
Hello,

i have a toshiba p35-s6292 laptop, the dvd-ram device is not functioning

there is a yellow caution mark in the device manager tab

when i click on properties i get the following

A driver (service) for this device has been disabled. An alternate driver may be providing this functionality. (Code 32)

i dissabled and re enabled the device but it did not help

it seems to be a registry issue, i just don't know how to fix it

hope someone in this forum can help with this

tx
Related:

2 responses

Manually delete the registry entries
Important This section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
322756 (https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/322756/how-to-back-up-and-restore-the-registry-in-windows/ ) How to back up and restore the registry in Windows
Note Before you use this method, uninstall all CD or DVD writing or recording programs. Deleting the corrupted registry entries might cause problems with any other CD or DVD writing or recording programs that are installed on your computer. Uninstalling these programs before you start will help you avoid any problems that removing the registry entries might cause. You can reinstall these programs after the problem is resolved.

This method provides step-by-step instructions for how to use Registry Editor to delete the following corrupted Registry entries:
UpperFilters
LowerFilters
Step 1: Start Registry Editor
Start Registry Editor.
Step 2: Delete the UpperFilters registry entry
In Registry Editor, expand My Computer, and then expand HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE.
Expand SYSTEM, and then expand CurrentControlSet.
Expand Control, and then expand Class.
Under Class, click {4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}.
In the details pane of Registry Editor, on the right side, click UpperFilters.

Note You may also see an UpperFilters.bak registry entry. You do not have to remove that entry. Click UpperFilters only.
If you see the UpperFilters registry entry in the details pane of Registry Editor, go to step 6.
If you do not see the UpperFilters registry entry, you still might have to remove the LowerFilters registry entry. To do this, go to "Step 3: Delete the LowerFilters registry entry."
On the Edit menu, click Delete.
Click Yes when you receive the following message:
Are you sure you want to delete this value?
The UpperFilters registry entry is removed.
Step 3: Delete the LowerFilters registry entry
In the details pane of Registry Editor, on the right side, click LowerFilters.

Note You might see a LowerFilters.bak registry entry. You do not have to remove that entry. Click LowerFilters only.

If you do not see the LowerFilters registry entry, unfortunately this content is unable to help you any more. Go to the "Next Steps" section for information about how you can find more solutions or more help on the Microsoft Web site.
On the Edit menu, click Delete.
Click Yes when you receive the following message:
Are you sure you want to delete this value?
The LowerFilters registry entry is removed.
Exit Registry Editor.
Step 4: Restart your computer
Restart your computer. After you have done this, try to access the CD or DVD drive. If you can access the CD or DVD drive, and if you do not receive an error message, the problem is resolved. You can reinstall your CD or DVD writing or recording software.

If you cannot access the CD or DVD drive, or if you receive an error message, unfortunately this content is unable to help you any more. Go to the "Next Steps" section for information about how you can find more solutions to the problem.
This worked for me..... hope it would work for you.
I'm not sure if this will help you. But try going to:

http://www.csd.toshiba.com/cgi-bin/tais/su/su_sc_modelLanding.jsp?ProductMenu_0=Portables&ProductMenu_1=Satellite&model_find=P35-S611&ProductMenu_2=882867&x=32&y=14&moid=882867&rpn=PSP30U&smoid=true&ct=MH&ListType=Model

Click DOWNLOADS

Where it says 'All Categories' click it and select 'DVD'
Click 'Show Results'

It should list the Toshiba DVD driver. Give that a try.