Clear RAM on Windows: via cmd, shortcut, without rebooting
You may be wondering how to clear your computer RAM without rebooting your PC. In this short article, we will show you how.
Note: You should not manually try to clean your RAM whilst the computer is running. For example, do not try to take out a RAM cartridge whilst
your computer is running and blow on it to remove debris. It is possible to do this, however you need to firstly turn off your PC. The following methods will allow you to clear your RAM without restarting your PC.
How to clear RAM on Windows via shortcut without restarting PC?
- Open "Notepad" or any text editor.
- Enter the following command:
FreeMem = Space(24000000)
- In this example, you will release 24MB of RAM.
- Save this file with the ".VBS" format.
- Put this file in the "WINDOWS" directory and create a desktop shortcut.
- Double-clicking on this shortcut will clear 24 MB of RAM.
How to clear RAM on Windows with Command Prompt?
- Type cmd in the search tab.
- Select Run as Administrator.
- When the Command Prompt appears type: ipconfig /FlushDNS
- Press Enter on the keyboard and it's done!
do you have more questions about windows? check out our forum!
Around the same subject
- Clear ram windows 10 cmd
- How to clear ram cache windows 10 cmd
- Clear ram cmd
- Hp smart download windows 10 > Download - Other
- Change your computer name on Windows 10, 11: cmd, settings > Guide
- Subway surfers download for pc windows 10 > Download - Platform
- How to reset windows 10 password without logging in > Guide
- How to use Net Send: in Windows 11, in CMD > Guide