No audio output dwvices fond

Closed
vicky - Mar 4, 2010 at 02:55 AM
leftward Posts 20 Registration date Wednesday February 24, 2010 Status Member Last seen July 11, 2011 - Mar 4, 2010 at 06:23 AM
Hello,
i have compaq f739au series lapttop. i got some problem in my sound device. in device manager
there is no option of sound or audio drives indicated in my lappy.what should i do, My cd/dvd drive is also not working(there is no option of drives.). plz troubleshoot.<
Related:

1 response

leftward Posts 20 Registration date Wednesday February 24, 2010 Status Member Last seen July 11, 2011 2
Mar 4, 2010 at 06:23 AM
A driver is a special program that allows the operating system to communicate with the hardware. Thus if the driver is corrupted or missing the operating system (Windows7 in your case) cannot communicate with the sound card. So install it.

Before you try reinstalling the drivers, do the following:
click Start, right click on My Computer, choose Properties, click on the Hardware tab and click on the Device Manager button there. The Device Manager window should open and there probably are some entries in the list which have a question mark as their icon or an exclamation sign as part of their icon. See anything like that