Antivirus removal

Closed
dnyanu - Mar 7, 2010 at 05:05 AM
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 - Mar 7, 2010 at 05:55 AM
Hello,
my acer laptop do not install antivirus i am purches the cd @ liceances key but problem is installation that time massage to give remove the past antivirus but i am allready remove to antivirus
Related:

1 response

Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,168
Mar 7, 2010 at 05:55 AM
Hello,

For some reason or another, the tool add/remove programme from of all Window's operating system does not remove some applications completely. You still have some remnants of your other antivirus in your system.

You can use the search function and type the name of your old antivirus and delete all the files that are found. Or go into Explorer and spot the programme in "Application Data" and in Programme files". Delete those files.

Finally, remove the registry keys, please download this free registry cleaner, perform a scan and delete the registry entries which relate to your old antivirus.

Here is the link:

https://www.eusing.com/free_registry_cleaner/registry_cleaner.htm

Once done, install your new application.

Important, while you are removing the old antivirus, if you are connected to Internet, your system is vulnerable, so turn off you modem while cleaning your system.

Please let me know about your success.

Best regards