Adobe Flash Form? [Closed]

-
 Tanner Campbell -
Hi, guys!

I'm trying to learn how to create forms in Adobe Flash, mainly because working with spacing and all that junk with HTML forms is so boring - also because it might just be a way around using forms on MySpace.

I've read a few tutorials on making Flash forms and found 2 ways to accomplish this.

Right now I'm just setting up a newsletter form, next it will be an order form which will be about 10 - 15 input boxes.

http://www.myspace.com/fourthquarterent: the newsletter form is on the bottom of the page (not working right now). It is actually an image background with invisible fields on top of it.

The method I tried was using “geturl” and “get variables”... because “post” wasn’t working fine.

The other tutorial I found says to use something like “form.loadvariables()” - it wasn't detailed at all so I have no clue how to set it up. But here's the tutorial of the one I like (it doesn’t go to a new page, it shows a thank you message): http://www.kirupa.com/developer/actionscri...h_php_email.htm

The tutorial actually includes the source file (.fla). So I'm thinking I might try to learn by picking this apart - but if anyone has a suggestion on how to make a flash form that works very easily using any method...

Thanks by advance.

2 replies

Registration date
Friday January 19, 2007
Status
Contributor
Last seen
April 2, 2019
HI

i just made an example few day s ago on kioskea french forum

the EXAMPLE

The files ( fla & php )

RAD
Thank you

A few words of thanks would be greatly appreciated. Add comment

CCM 4150 users have said thank you to us this month

RAD ZONE
Registration date
Friday January 19, 2007
Status
Contributor
Last seen
April 2, 2019
LOOOL

I stop drink ;_)) i promise

i didn t answer a the good request !!
> RAD ZONE
Registration date
Friday January 19, 2007
Status
Contributor
Last seen
April 2, 2019

Hey man,

I opened your FLA and cut and pasted the frames into a movie I'm making .... I get two errors in the AS3 compiler errors box --

**Error** Symbol 'FUIComponent', Layer 'Actions: Class', Frame1, Line1:1093: Syntax error. #initclip 0

**Error** Symbol 'Scrollbar', Layer 'Actions: Class', Frame1, Line1:1093: Syntax error. #initclip 1

Help ? PLZ?
Hi RAD,

I used your example for the flash form. When I tested the html page on IE6 and IE7, it works fine; but when I tested on Firefox and Safari, it stayed at "en progress" forever. Could please tell me what I missed? I copied the same codes in both Action script and PHP.
i used your example for email form but i don't know what to do to work this email form in my webpage.
can you help me?
what can i do to come the message to my email account?

I think there's no easy method to create flash forms. I don't usually use this kind of software program but I think you have to read and to try and try again to understand and so on... It's a habbit to get. (Sorry for my bad English [I'm French])

Good luck and good reading ;)