HP DV 6000

Closed
CRUZ - May 13, 2010 at 05:17 PM
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 - May 13, 2010 at 08:40 PM
hey guys, straight to the point, i bought this laptop about one year and couple months back, the battery had already went but i jus keep it plugged in all the time whenever i used it and it worked fine for me. about three days ago, i was listening music and i opened fruity loops 8 to create a lil beat i had in mine, then all of a sudden it went to this weird screen with lines running accross the screen, it wasnt blank, those lines went in up and down and side to side motion. i didnt panic because i kno 1 and 2 things about the pc. i proceeded to turning it off and then on, and i noticed it came up and went to that screen after i entered my password it started up but went that screen and i couldnnt do anything.
i turned it off and tried again same thing, next day i tried same thing. DID IT CRASH??? today i turnt it on and it doesnt even pass the stage where i enter my password. it goes to the lines on the screen and nothing works. the battery light seemed to stop lighting up even when it is plugged in, and the hardrive light is on and off, and when the lines come on the screen the harddrive light goes fully off, and eventually the laptop shuts down. THE VIDEO SEEMS TO WORK SINCE IT BOOTS UP BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT AM I SUPPOSE TO DO?? ANY SUGGESTIONS PLESE SOMEBODY I REALLY NEED HELPPPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!
Related:

1 response

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
May 13, 2010 at 08:40 PM
These HP laptops had a problem with overheating and eventual failure of a number of parts. I suspect your video chip has failed.

Sorry for the bad news