Can sata & ide be ran at the same time?

Closed
Debbi - Oct 19, 2010 at 09:10 PM
 Blocked Profile - Oct 21, 2010 at 05:54 AM
i recently bought a samsung 1 tb sata hardrive (HD103SI). my motherboard has sata docks.my question is this, is it possible to hook-up and run both the sata hd and the 4 ide hds long enough to transfer info from ide's to the sata? if so, how? any info would be greatly appreciated!
Related:

4 responses

sharpman Posts 1021 Registration date Saturday May 23, 2009 Status Contributor Last seen October 20, 2010 183
Oct 20, 2010 at 01:50 PM
you can run sata and ide at the same time.

what system do you have?
i am running win 7. i want to install an os on the new sata hd, then tranfer the information from the 4 ide hds to the sata hd, so that i can disconnect and get rid of the ides, leaving just the sata as my only hd. but just exactly how do i do this?
Blocked Profile
Oct 20, 2010 at 05:39 PM
Hi,

As mentioned yes you can but what you want to do exactly ?please add more information to your query.

Thanks
i am running win 7. what i want to do is, install an os on the sata hd, then transfer the information thats on my 4 ide hds to the sata hd, so that i can disconnect and get rid of the 4 ides. leaving just the sata as my only hd. but how do i do this?
Blocked Profile
Oct 21, 2010 at 05:54 AM
Hi,

Connect your sata hard disk to pc and install your os on it disconnecting the other hard drives on it,after installation of os and drivers you can connect all the ide or one by one copying your data to new hard disk .

Thanks