Let text in one cell overwrite the next cell

Closed
Sofia - Jan 16, 2011 at 07:57 AM
rizvisa1 Posts 4478 Registration date Thursday January 28, 2010 Status Contributor Last seen May 5, 2022 - Jan 19, 2011 at 09:10 AM
Hi,

Does anyone know of a way to let the text in one cell overwrite the content of the cell to the right?

Explanation: When you have text in one cell and the cell next to that is empty the text is visible over the following cells. But if I have a formula in the neighbouring cell the text is only visible in the cell space even though nothing is visible in the neigbouring cell at the moment.
Can you get around this in some way? Like when you can choose bring forward for objects?

Very thankful for any help!

1 response

rizvisa1 Posts 4478 Registration date Thursday January 28, 2010 Status Contributor Last seen May 5, 2022 766
Jan 19, 2011 at 09:10 AM
I am always reluctant to say no, but I would think that would not be possible. Since a formula can be any thing, like date or even a blank string, it will not be possible to say that "text" is visible or not. One way could be that you move formula to some other sheet or location or use some sort of macro to do that