Reviews about Optenet Web Filter PC

Ze Para Posts 22983 Registration date Monday April 28, 2008 Status Member Last seen July 19, 2012 - Feb 26, 2011 at 12:26 AM
MrBlueSky29 Posts 1 Registration date Wednesday October 9, 2013 Status Member Last seen October 9, 2013 - Oct 9, 2013 at 05:37 AM
Click the link below to learn more about the topic in this thread:

https://ccm.net/download/download-14907-optenet-web-filter-pc

MrBlueSky29 Posts 1 Registration date Wednesday October 9, 2013 Status Member Last seen October 9, 2013
Oct 9, 2013 at 05:37 AM
You would be foolish to rely upon Optenet PC. When you initially select the domains that you wish to be protected from you will see that Google Chrome is listed by default as a browser that is barred. I was perplexed at the time and, as Chrome was my preferred browser, deselected it. There is a very good reason why Google Chrome is selected by default and that is that Optenet PC works infrequently with this browser. I discovered this by accident when I found that domains that I had selected were still accessible. Naturally I contacted Optenet and they acknowledged that there was a problem with the software working with Google Chrome. Their advice was to use a different browser!! The said that they were working on a `fix'. Now 3 months down the line there is still no fix and Optenet PC cannot be relied upon as a firewall. I certainly would not have purchased the software had I known that it was ineffective with Google Chrome and there is no warning from Optenet that this is the case. To add insult to injury the only response I have received to my emails of late is the automated acknowledgement of my email. My advice is to steer clear of this product.
Ze Para Posts 22983 Registration date Monday April 28, 2008 Status Member Last seen July 19, 2012
Feb 26, 2011 at 12:26 AM
A full-featured software.