RIC

Closed
Ric - Apr 4, 2011 at 05:44 PM
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 - Apr 4, 2011 at 06:41 PM
Hello, My Satellite wont boot up... I've tried taking the battery out... disconnecting the pwr supply... holding the button for several minutes.... nothing. Well that's not true... the Pwr light.. the Battery lite and the fan blower comes on... and I can hear the DVD drive tap... but no futher... no f8... ot f12 wont go that far. Any ideas? Oh... before I cut it off... I had a icon that said Ugraded Bios for you Toshiba... so I opened it and it asked did I want to install it... I clicked yes... and not long after that it locked up... and I had to hard cut it off... after that nothing,......... Help!

1 response

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Apr 4, 2011 at 06:41 PM
A failed BIOS update can create the problem you have. Returning the laptop to the manufacturer is the only practical way to fix the PC. The BIOS chip needs to replaced with a correctly programmed chip.

Good Luck