Could not detect ATA or AHCI option in bios

Closed
Madhu - May 27, 2011 at 11:42 PM
 Anonymous User - May 28, 2011 at 04:46 AM
Hello,

I am using HCL B23 Core2Duo Leaptop, As of now i have windows 7 Ultimate OS. When tried to install windows xp i am got following error.
Setup did not find any hard disk drives installed in your computer.
Then i tried to change BIOS Setup like ATA / AHCI, Could not detect ATA or AHCI option in bios setup pls help me, i want ATA / AHCI Drivers for HCL B23 Core2Duo Leaptop.

Regard's
Madhu
Mobile number is removed for your security
Related:

1 response

Anonymous User
May 28, 2011 at 04:46 AM
Hi,

The ultimate solution is by using OEM Windows XP CD which comes with your system, which usually has built-in appropriate driver for S-ATA harddisks running in AHCI mode. However, if you lose or do not have the OEM XP CD, or is given Windows 7 DVD but decide to downgrade to XP, there are 2 options to install XP from scratch.

You can also update the BIOS from HCL official website if they permit it and maybe you'll have the ATA/AHCI option in your BIOS.

Warning:
Make sure to obtain the BIOS upgrade software from a reliable source. Downloading a BIOS from sources other than the manufacturer's web site is risky. For example, versions from the same BIOS software developer for one manufacturer's motherboard may not work on a different manufacturer's motherboard. Using the wrong BIOS or version might "brick" the board, thereby requiring either a BIOS replacement or reprogramming of the BIOS by the manufacturer and rendering the computer unable to boot until that is done.

Make sure the electrical power source is reliable when flashing a BIOS. Any sizable fluctuation or loss of power during a flash process can corrupt the BIOS. Therefore, never power down or reset a PC when flashing the BIOS. If flashing the BIOS from a booted OS, first disable all unnecessary applications and background processes.

Avoid updating the BIOS unless you know exactly what you are doing. Failure to follow a manufacturer's directions and precautions may corrupt the BIOS as well

Good Luck!