VLOOK up fails!

Solved/Closed
janice - Oct 28, 2011 at 01:25 PM
venkat1926 Posts 1863 Registration date Sunday June 14, 2009 Status Contributor Last seen August 7, 2021 - Oct 30, 2011 at 01:24 AM
Hello,

this is the code that i have:

=VLOOKUP(C2,'sport'!I:L,1,FALSE)

Where C2 can be varied, depends on user input.

the column containing the word typed in cell C2 should be located at column L in the worksheet "sports" and i want the matching data in column I to be shown.

I have already converted all data into text format but the vlook up is still not working and returning a /na.

Please help!!

1 response

venkat1926 Posts 1863 Registration date Sunday June 14, 2009 Status Contributor Last seen August 7, 2021 811
Oct 30, 2011 at 01:24 AM
suggest second argument make it absolute so that the formula can be used any other value in column C by copying C2

third argument
the reference values of C2 and similar should be in the first column of second argument reference range.
the second argument is 1 that means same as c2 value which is in column I (It is not value in column J in that case the argument is 2 and not 1. in offset it is one step to the right but in vlookup the columns are counted from the first column in the reference range(that is second argument I:L in your case)

please again read vlookup.

perhaps your data sheet in sport sheet is different. copy a small portion in your replly and the value of C2 in the first sheet where formula is paraked