Adobe Flash Player Problems

Closed
5hape5ter Posts 1 Registration date Tuesday May 22, 2012 Status Member Last seen May 22, 2012 - May 22, 2012 at 02:54 PM
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 - May 23, 2012 at 03:35 PM
Hello,
I have been looking for some kind of soultion to this for about a week but can't seem to find one that works.

I updated my Adobe Flash Player after about a year of not accepting the update. When it would update, I could not watch YouTube, MSN, or Facebook videos like they should. There would be audio playing, but a sort of white screen over the video. I did a system restore to an earlier date and kept away from any sites that would make me update it.

I hated being out of date, so I downloaded the newer version of AFP, and everything seemed to be working right. I tested out YouTube, and the videos played like they should. The ads on the side would be glitchy and do the same thing the videos would be before. I'm no fan of ads, but it means that something isn't working right.

I use IE8 and have the 11.2 update for AFP on Window 7. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling AFP, clearing the cache files, disabling the pop-up blocker, disabling my anti-virus, and disabling all of the add-ons and turning on the flash one. Nothing seems to work. Is anyone familar with this or have an understanding of what is going on? Could something be interfering with the player?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Related:

2 responses

I am sorry, I am not an expert.
But, this happened to one of my friend, and what he told me was:
He tried downloading another web browser, like he had IE, and he installed Google Chrome, which solved the problem for him.

So, might as well try I guess.
Hope this helps.
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,169
May 23, 2012 at 03:35 PM
Hello,

You don't have IE8 but IE9, you must insure that all of your updates are compatible with IE9 and Windows 7.