HP Pavilion DV 6000 Entertainment

Closed
foodpantrymike Posts 1 Registration date Friday July 27, 2012 Status Member Last seen July 27, 2012 - Jul 27, 2012 at 07:23 AM
 Blocked Profile - Jul 30, 2012 at 07:15 AM
Hello,
I've got a start up issue with my HP dv 6000. I power it up, the fans run and you can hear the drive start to spin. The screen stays black. After 26 seconds the system cycles off and then in 1 second it starts the cycle over and over and over. I have unplugged from power, removed battery and held power switch for over 60 seconds, try to restart, the same thing. I have located the NVIDA card and held it down while attemting to start, nada. Purchasing another computer is out of the question. Any ideas will be greatly appreciated and explored.

Related:

1 response

Blocked Profile
Jul 27, 2012 at 09:27 AM
So nothing displays at all?

have you tried to an external monitor.
foodpantrymike
Jul 27, 2012 at 09:47 AM
Thanks for the response. I have tried an external monitor, same results. I don't feel that the monitor is a fault. I've checked out several websites about this problem. The answers range from problems with the graphic card through ram and mother board. Suggestions were in order, press on graphics card and turn on machine=no result, heat up machine by wrapping in blanket=afraid to overheat machine to try and fix poor solder; buy new parts=no an option at this time. I don't believe in coincidences, but I put the laptop in the freezer where she rested for ten minutes, plugged it back in and that's the machine I'm using now. I'm sure I'll have this problem again, maybe if I don't turn it off? How do I get it out of sleep/hibernation that I'm sure it will go into .
Again thanks
Blocked Profile
Jul 27, 2012 at 10:08 AM
So cooling your laptop down you're able to boot into windows normally?
foodpantrymike
Jul 27, 2012 at 05:50 PM
It worked once, but alas I've encountered the problem again and the cooling did no good; I got the idea from a post with a similar problem that said they had used a cooling pillow (?). I do know that if I can't boot and I go away for a time (hour) and then reboot using f10 and opening Windows normally (not in safe mode) it sometimes works, approx 50/50. Its hard to keep your cool when it's 100+ outside. Again thank you for your assistance. I've still got hope.
Blocked Profile
Jul 30, 2012 at 04:45 AM
I suggest you buy compressed air to clean out fans etc. it may be worth you buying a cooling mat for your laptop too and giving it a shot.
foodpantrymike
Jul 30, 2012 at 04:53 AM
Went the compressed air route, nada. I haven't been able to get it to start since Saturday. I believe it's the NVIDIA graphics card. The numerous sites I've visited all point to this. I've attempted to contact HP but no response as of yet. I do want to thank you for your responses they have each one been informative and insightful. I hate to say I may be a lost cause.