Proxy Server

Closed
buckriver Posts 1 Registration date Tuesday September 3, 2013 Status Member Last seen September 3, 2013 - Sep 3, 2013 at 03:40 AM
Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 - Sep 3, 2013 at 01:58 PM
I have a Dell laptop with windows Vista on it. A couple of days ago I downloaded a program for school called "NOTEPAD++". After the download, I noticed that, even though my wireless internet connection was good, ( I could view email and facebook), I couldn't access my school web pages anymore. The error message said, "your system is configured to use a proxy server but Google Chrome cannot connect to it. I followed the directions to disable the proxy, with no luck at all. I was not able to uncheck the box, "use a proxy server for your LAN." It also says some settings are managed by your system administrator." Please help.
Related:

2 responses

BunoCS Posts 15475 Registration date Monday July 11, 2005 Status Moderator Last seen April 23, 2024 1,534
Sep 3, 2013 at 05:15 AM
Hello,

I have no problem with Notepad++. Have you downloaded it on the official website?

Have you try to connect to your school server with another browser?

Maybe, you can try this to disable proxy server parameters.

Hope it'll help you.
Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 69
Sep 3, 2013 at 01:58 PM
Hi buckriver,

With permission from BunoCS I would like to add a small step that might help. Please try to restore your computer to an earlier date when the Internet connection was working fine. Click here to find steps on how to perform System Restore in Windows Vista.

Hope this helps.

To know more about Dell's products, services and drivers & downloads, please go to http://dell.to/YBlak6