Installing Nero

Closed
Bernard Onyerindu Posts 1 Registration date Tuesday October 22, 2013 Status Member Last seen October 22, 2013 - Oct 22, 2013 at 09:01 PM
richiewaza Posts 9 Registration date Tuesday February 25, 2014 Status Member Last seen March 24, 2014 - Feb 27, 2014 at 09:09 AM
Hi Kioskea,
I registered as a member of your club forum before I was allowed to make an attempt to download Nero. It was stated that the CD/DVD burning software window supports window XP, Vista etc. but unfortunately it failed to download and I was prompted to have XP or window 8.

Why did it fail in my Vista? Is that because I have installed NHC software which is the provider of Nero?

Thanks
Related:

1 response

richiewaza Posts 9 Registration date Tuesday February 25, 2014 Status Member Last seen March 24, 2014
Feb 25, 2014 at 05:33 PM
hello, yes I have had problems with nero products since 5.5 , yes 5.5 ! it usually takes a few trys - be patient - if there is a issue with installing again ask the techs at Nero for a Delete product fix , which usually comes with a " update product codes" [small} app which will fix any glitches in your registry.....also the past nero apps, didn't like to share space with earlier ones - ( I had 3 drive partitions, so side by side compatability was not an issue) If you have only one drive partition then go to the nero forum and ask about side by side compatability ...I know this has been a big issue in the past and Nero has #14 yeah Nero 2014 which will function side by side other nero versions. Hope this helps - but remember: a clean install usually does the trick .. right now I'm still fighting with nero 12.5 burning rom - geeze, ver 5.5 was just so easy.
richiewaza Posts 9 Registration date Tuesday February 25, 2014 Status Member Last seen March 24, 2014
Feb 27, 2014 at 09:09 AM
hey Bernard, sorry - but I forgot to let you know , that most of the time before dl'g Nero , you have to temporarly disable anti-vir's apps and lighten up on any firewalls - for some reason those protective apps don't take to kindly to Nero ... (after its installed there's usually no problem in getting an update or upgrade) .... after installation of Nero/restart you can always run anti-virs ,etc. to make sure you didn't get any spybots or malware in the process - my experiences have not been so good when dl'g freeapps from stores - so i always do this just to make sure - better safe than sorry. - yeah, its normally the firewall or and the anti-vir programs @ least that's been my experiences- I hope this helps