If you have purchased a new hard disk but do not see it in your Control Panel, the issue may be because you have not yet installed the hard disk. Installing your hard disk consists of initializing and formatting your hard drive for the first time. Continue reading to discover how to do so.
How to setup hard drive?
Connect the hard drive
- Turn off your computer.
- Plug your new drive into the case, secure it, and log in to Windows.
Installing the new drive
- Right-click on the Window icon on the taskbar, and select Disk Management, and a new menu will open.
- In the Disk Management menu, you will see all your allocated partitions in the upper section, and all the drives in the upper part. You will recognize the new one you installed by looking for the disk with the Unallocated property and the black color.
- Right-click on the Unallocated area and select New Simple Volume. The formatting wizard will open.
- Follow the partitioning process and name your drive with the letter you want.
- Once finished, you will be able to use the new drive and see it in the upper sections with all the other partitions.