Getting frustrated

Closed
it dummy - Mar 5, 2009 at 08:26 PM
helpuynot Posts 14 Registration date Monday December 29, 2008 Status Member Last seen June 3, 2009 - Mar 7, 2009 at 12:49 AM
Hello,
Ok, here is the deal. I got this Dell PC some time ago and never really did anything with it until this week I wanted to try connecting it to the internet. I already have a Belkin G router in my house that works great with no problems with a 2002 Dell PC that has a Belkin G card that I installed. A friend gave me a D-Link wirerless USB Adapter to try. I downloaded the drivers for it on a jump drive and installed it into the unused Dell PC connected the D-Link Adapter and nothing happened. It couldn't even find the Belkin router. Next I uninstalled the drivers for the D-Link, went out and purchased a Netgear G card " the store didnt have the belkin g cards in stock". I followed all the directions to the letter and I'm still unable to connect to the internet. The Netgear G card found my wireless network with no problem; but it never connects to the internet. My wireless icon in the lower right corner says that its "aquiring address". I went to Network Connections looked under Details tab: the IP Adress = 0.0.0.0 the Subnet Mask = 0.0.0.0. I went to the Command Prompt typed " ipconfig/all " it says "media disconnected" and the same when I typed " ipconfig/renew ".
HHHHHHHHHEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 response

helpuynot Posts 14 Registration date Monday December 29, 2008 Status Member Last seen June 3, 2009 1
Mar 7, 2009 at 12:49 AM
hi,
it may be that the D-Link adapter is faulty or you have installed the improper driver.
try this link to get the correct one:
https://eu.dlink.com/fr/fr
reset the router and configure it again.