-
Registration date
Thursday July 24, 2014
Status
Last seen
February 16, 2021
-
Hello,
I believe this is somewhat easy/straightforward but I don't know how to handle. I have a work book with multiple tabs. One of the tabs (spreadsheets) will handle the calculations. Another tab (spread sheet) within the same work book is a "work area" where I enter data. I want a single cell in my "work area" tab to be copied to a cell in the calculation tab (worksheet) that handles the calculations.

How can I do this: copy data (a number) in one cell in a separate work sheet to another cell in a different work sheet but within the same work book?

Any help appreciated.

1 reply

Registration date
Thursday July 24, 2014
Status
Last seen
February 16, 2021
Hello Tom,

If the calculations are done in just one cell , say cell A1 in Sheet 2 and you want the result in cell A1 in Sheet 1 then:-

In A1 in Sheet 1 enter the equals sign (=) but do not press enter. Go to Sheet 2 and high-light (click on) cell A1. You should see "marching ants" patrolling the perimeter of the cell. Press enter. Done! The result will be seen in A1 Sheet 1.

If you click on cell A1 in Sheet 1, you will see the simple formula in the function bar.

I hope that this helps.

Cheerio,
vcoolio.
Thank you

A few words of thanks would be greatly appreciated. Add comment

CCM 2942 users have said thank you to us this month

Subscribe To Our Newsletter!

The Best of CCM in Your Inbox

Subscribe To Our Newsletter!