Single cell in my "work area" tab to be copied to a cell in the

Closed
tom - May 20, 2015 at 04:31 PM
vcoolio Posts 1404 Registration date Thursday July 24, 2014 Status Moderator Last seen September 15, 2023 - May 25, 2015 at 08:34 AM
Hello,
I believe this is somewhat easy/straightforward but I don't know how to handle. I have a work book with multiple tabs. One of the tabs (spreadsheets) will handle the calculations. Another tab (spread sheet) within the same work book is a "work area" where I enter data. I want a single cell in my "work area" tab to be copied to a cell in the calculation tab (worksheet) that handles the calculations.

How can I do this: copy data (a number) in one cell in a separate work sheet to another cell in a different work sheet but within the same work book?

Any help appreciated.

1 response

vcoolio Posts 1404 Registration date Thursday July 24, 2014 Status Moderator Last seen September 15, 2023 259
May 25, 2015 at 08:34 AM
Hello Tom,

If the calculations are done in just one cell , say cell A1 in Sheet 2 and you want the result in cell A1 in Sheet 1 then:-

In A1 in Sheet 1 enter the equals sign (=) but do not press enter. Go to Sheet 2 and high-light (click on) cell A1. You should see "marching ants" patrolling the perimeter of the cell. Press enter. Done! The result will be seen in A1 Sheet 1.

If you click on cell A1 in Sheet 1, you will see the simple formula in the function bar.

I hope that this helps.

Cheerio,
vcoolio.