Webcam Not working

Closed
prashant_nr Posts 4 Registration date Thursday June 11, 2015 Status Member Last seen June 16, 2015 - Jun 11, 2015 at 04:57 AM
prashant_nr Posts 4 Registration date Thursday June 11, 2015 Status Member Last seen June 16, 2015 - Jun 15, 2015 at 01:51 AM
Dear Sir,
I have repaired my laptop, an engineer changed the motherboard..
(he has taken a motherboard from someone's old laptop and install in my laptop)

I have seen that webcam is not working in my laptop.

I tried to change my operating system but webcam not found in the system.

Is there any solution for this.
Related:

1 response

BrianGreen Posts 1005 Registration date Saturday January 17, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen September 30, 2021 150
Jun 11, 2015 at 06:23 AM
Hi Prashant

It looks to me like the engineer did not connect your webcam. If it were me I would return the laptop to him asking him to fix it for you.

Another option to considder first though (more simple) might be that as the motherboard is different, then the webcam might not be seen by the operating system. Try reinstalling the webcam drivers.

I really appreciate thank you messages as a payment for solving issues :o)
prashant_nr Posts 4 Registration date Thursday June 11, 2015 Status Member Last seen June 16, 2015
Jun 11, 2015 at 06:42 AM
Thank you for your response, I agree with you and I did the same, but he was unable to solve the issue.

He used the motherboard from save configuration of laptop, means mine is HP Compaq C 783 and he showed me the same one from which he took out motherboard for my laptop.

two things
1. by any chance - in old laptop could there be an issue of webcam support (because it was old motherboard? does this failure happens?)

2. Can you please provide webcam drivers or send the link for the same.
BrianGreen Posts 1005 Registration date Saturday January 17, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen September 30, 2021 150 > prashant_nr Posts 4 Registration date Thursday June 11, 2015 Status Member Last seen June 16, 2015
Jun 13, 2015 at 07:25 AM
Hi Prashant,

It is possible that if an older motherboard was fitted, then there might not be all the functionality of a newer model. However, this is rare - and whilst there are a few examples I can think of, I have never come across it with HP (but I havent done this operation many times for HP anyway)

I'll talk about the drivers in a minute, but its certainly worth looking at the device manager first. Right click on My Computer and choose "Manage". Then from the left side of the window choose "Device Manager". Sometimes both will take a few seconds to open.
- Are there any items with a cross or exclamation mak (!) on them? If there are it is showing a problem with the device - try reinstalling the drivers by right clicking them and choosing "update Driver Software" It would be good to be connected to the internet before this so the latest drivers can be downloaded and installed.

Now for your second question ...
At first sight I couldnt fine a driver for the webcam but I might be barking up the wrong tree here - I looked for Vista drivers. What operating system are you using?

It might be worth installing the chipset drivers. This link points to the Vista drivers - dont install them if you have a different version of Windows...

http://whp-hou9.cold.extweb.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp36501-37000/sp36881.exe

Good Luck - let me know how you get on.
prashant_nr Posts 4 Registration date Thursday June 11, 2015 Status Member Last seen June 16, 2015
Jun 15, 2015 at 01:51 AM
Thank you once again.

I am using win 7 operating system..
I have tried that device manager option..but that not helped me to solve this issue.

I think the problem is with mother board only..may be some functions were not working so the guy sold that laptop and and engineer took that benefit to filt that one in mine as other functions were good.

By any chance if you came to know about this driver please let me know.

Otherwise I will go with external webcam if I really need it.

Thanks much for your information.

I will connect you if I face any problems with laptop issue in future.