Battery life

Closed
Magic_wand - Apr 6, 2009 at 05:36 AM
Highway72 Posts 233 Registration date Thursday April 2, 2009 Status Member Last seen July 16, 2009 - Apr 6, 2009 at 02:02 PM
Hello,
On the Samsung i900 all the brosures brag about 500h standby, I am lucky to get a day some times 2 days. This is strange as I dont use the phone much and dont understand the fluctuation. I have read online that if you change the screen to 65k colors and the network to 2G instead of 3G it does help lots. Is this true and if so how do I change these settings?

Thanks
Related:

1 response

Highway72 Posts 233 Registration date Thursday April 2, 2009 Status Member Last seen July 16, 2009 11
Apr 6, 2009 at 02:02 PM
A lot of mobile phones brag such features however they are often phones stripped down to the bare essential functions, with no bluetooth etc as they do eat through the battery life. That said when the phone was new if the first charge wasnt correctly done or was charged when wasnt fully out of charge such issues can arise and shorten the batteries capacity permanently.

I used to work for Orange so I've heard that issue a lot, often its easy to just disable through phone options Bluetooth and also disable any app you dont need running such as web browsers unless you actually need them on, 3g itself shouldnt hugely drain the battery although have auto negotiate dual band & 3G may.