Desktop computer won't connect to monitor.

Closed
Starlily94 Posts 1 Registration date Friday January 29, 2016 Status Member Last seen January 29, 2016 - Jan 29, 2016 at 02:26 AM
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 - Jan 30, 2016 at 03:28 PM
Hello,
My Desktop computer won't connect to my monitor. It is a Dell Optiplex 755. I had to replace the Hdmi cable because my bunny chewed in it and I thought that that would fix it but it didn't that's why I'm here now. When I plug in the computer and trun on the monitor a message pops onto the screen that says "There is no signal coming from your computer. Press any key on your keyboard or mouse to wake it up or press the input button on your display to switch to another source.". I have tried everything it says to do and nothing works. What can I do? Is there anything that I can do to fix it? Oh also, the computer just stays on even when I press the power button on it the only way to turn it off is to unplug it. Sorry for the long post but I'm trying to give as many details so hopefully someone can help me fix my computer.
Related:

1 response

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Jan 30, 2016 at 03:28 PM
You appear to have a hardware problem with the computer. I could be motherboard, power supply, or memory cards. No way to tell without physical access to the hardware. I suggest you have a local PC repair shop do a diagnostic to see if a repair in in your budget.

Good Luck