My ps3 cant connect to my wireless internet [Solved/Closed]

Nano - Mar 15, 2012 at 08:11 PM - Latest reply:  Haku
- Aug 25, 2015 at 11:41 AM
Hello,
I am having trouble connecting my ps3 to my wireless internet, I have checked and restarted my router multiple times and strangely enough my laptop can connect to my wireless internet very easily.

Please can someone help me figure out whats wrong with my ps3 and help me fix it.

See more 

6 replies

Best answer
Thank you
what solved my problem was simply moving the cordless phone away from my ps3. Because it was blocking the wifi signal from reaching. For those of you skeptical about this go. I tried everything else unplugging the router disabling the wifi for a few minutes, restoring settings. All to no avail, than my friend tells me to move my cordless phone because it's blocking the wifi. At first I didn't believe him but tried it anyway. And tada it worked like a charm, so it helps to try every option than just assuming. There isn't a one size fits all solution.

Thank you, Haku 2

Something to say? Add comment

CCM has helped 1706 users this month

mco-kore 1 Posts Monday April 21, 2014Registration date April 21, 2014 Last seen - Apr 21, 2014 at 03:25 PM
Thank you
Hey there!

I can see that you posted your question 2 years ago and got an answer for it but I would like to point something out with ps3 and wireless conections.

Even if all your settings are corect (you ran the network wizzard / set up the wireless conection and suceeded) AND YOU MANAGE TO CONNECT to the PSN and use the internet you cannot acces the store or connect to the in-game servers.
The reason for this weird behaviour COULD BE THE SPEED STANDARD OF YOUR ROUTER (it sounds strange but believe me ... it is true). The PS3 network controller knows only wireless-b and -g standards, while newer routers use by default "mixed mode b-g-n". If you do not set your wireless speed to G (which is 54mbps ... you shouldn't need more) your PlayStation Console WON'T LET YOU ACCES SOME ONLINE FEATURES.

This answer might seem not to logic to a person with networking skills.
how do you set your ps3 to wireless g?
TCB1975,

The wireless broadcaster (router) is the eqiupment that has to be set up, not your PS3. Depending on your brand, you'll have to access the router interface (check manual or manufacturer's website for model specific instructions) and from the wireless section browse for wireless mode or speed and restrict it to Only G.

Hope it helps!
the punisher7521 - Feb 8, 2015 at 07:47 PM
My ps3 is so different I have full connection and I do all the reading and it has my servers name but its say failed on it but I ran the connection and I have 4 bars I dont understand it
xpcman 19088 Posts Wednesday October 8, 2008Registration dateModeratorStatus July 15, 2018 Last seen - Mar 15, 2012 at 09:14 PM
Thank you
I suggest you read this web page:

http://manuals.playstation.net/document/en/ps3/current/settings/connectwireless.html

Good Luck