WD Passport not recognised on windows 10, diskmgmt or devmgmnt?

Closed
Loubee - May 20, 2016 at 11:12 AM
KY_WD Posts 2053 Registration date Thursday October 23, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 28, 2017   - May 20, 2016 at 12:41 PM
Hello,

After upgrading to windows 10, my WD My Passport is not recognised.

The light is on and the disk is spinning.
It doesn't show up in disk management.
I tried a brand new cable.
In device manager, there is a disk named 'USBvHCI Compliant Host Controller' with a yellow triangle. Im not sure if this is it. When I unistalled it and rescanned for hardware, it pops back up still the same name and yellow triangle.
I downloaded 'wise recovery' software but it doesn't find it.

Please help, I am running out of ideas...

Thanks

Related:

1 response

KY_WD Posts 2053 Registration date Thursday October 23, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 28, 2017   122
May 20, 2016 at 12:41 PM
Hello Loubee,

Have you tried connecting the WD drive to another PC with different operating system? If not, try it and tell me if you can see it.
I would also check the motherboard's manufacturer for and driver updates regarding the USB host controller. You could delete the existing driver and restart the PC. Windows should install automatically the most recent driver.
My suggestion is to download the WD Data LifeGuard Diagnostics software on the Pc that recognizes My passport and to perform the extended test. The tool you can find here: http://products.wdc.com/support/kb.ashx?id=hIKsK8
Hope this helps. Keep me posted on the case.

Have a great weekend.