Coloring line indicated the name, by the table where there is th

Closed
NickBR Posts 7 Registration date Tuesday December 1, 2015 Status Member Last seen July 10, 2018 - Nov 27, 2016 at 04:33 AM
Mazzaropi Posts 1985 Registration date Monday August 16, 2010 Status Contributor Last seen May 24, 2023 - Nov 28, 2016 at 11:25 AM
Hello,
I have four tables with four different colors, are 4 different categories of staff.
First with font color blue
Second with font color red
Third with font color green
Fourth with font color black

Now in other area i choose and put randomly some names from those tables. How can these names colored according the font color of the existing tables name?
Thanks!

Related:

3 responses

Mazzaropi Posts 1985 Registration date Monday August 16, 2010 Status Contributor Last seen May 24, 2023 147
Nov 27, 2016 at 10:56 AM
NickBR, Good afternoon.

Were the colors of the first table colored using Conditional formatting or did you manually color it?

Can the four different categories of staff be found in a cell that individually identifies each member in its corresponding category?

If so, then you can use a rule for Conditional Formatting.

If there is no way to identify the member category except for your knowledge of each and then color manually, then the solution will be to use Excel VBA Programming.
NickBR Posts 7 Registration date Tuesday December 1, 2015 Status Member Last seen July 10, 2018 1
Nov 27, 2016 at 11:38 AM
the font of the tables I have painted manual.
yes, all the names of all 4 tables can, going through all the cells.
Already using rule formatting, but, self confused if I have two same brand-name in two different tables.
Can you help with the vba?
Mazzaropi Posts 1985 Registration date Monday August 16, 2010 Status Contributor Last seen May 24, 2023 147
Nov 27, 2016 at 03:05 PM
NickBR, Good afternoon.

As we do not know the layout of your file gets a bit more difficult to help.

You did not respond if any cell per member indicates which category it belongs to.

Since you have four different tables with the respective names for the four existing categories, perhaps a named range solves your doubt.

Suppose:
A1:A50 --> Members names of Category 1 -> Color Blue
Create a named range with A1:A50 named: Category1

G1 --> Member name in the other area.
Select G1
Conditional Formatting Menu -> Using Formula

Rule 1
= COUNTIF(Category1, G1)
Format for Font in BLUE.

Proceed in the same way with the other tables.

Tell us if this helped resolve the issue.
I hope it helps.
--
Belo Horizonte, Brasil.
Marcílio Lobão
NickBR Posts 7 Registration date Tuesday December 1, 2015 Status Member Last seen July 10, 2018 1
Nov 28, 2016 at 09:19 AM
Hello, please look the solution here. But with this conditional formatting if I have two or more with the same lastname, in same or other table it doesn't work well. I think it only works well with VBA code, if you can give a hand that was precious to me.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5s-sQkC9LTVRW1iTFBPR2ZwQTQ/view?usp=drivesdk
Nov 28, 2016 at 11:25 AM
NickBR, Good afternoon.

I'm sorry but I do not know VBA Excel.

Using Conditional Formatting you've already got a good path to the ultimate solution.

It is enough now to work a little harder to know how to solve the question of repeated surnames.

Maybe if you create an auto-support column with all the full names (surname + name) and make the selection from there it will be a solution for you.

I'm sure someone will appear to help you with VBA Excel Programming.