Help me rescue my system comrades!!!

Closed
Bhishma Posts 4 Registration date Wednesday May 20, 2009 Status Member Last seen May 23, 2009 - May 23, 2009 at 07:51 AM
 Bhishma - Jun 3, 2009 at 07:57 AM
Hello,
Brothers and sisters,
My computer is infected with viruses and it neither allows me to install new antivirus software nor perform online virus scan. I am thinking of reinstalling windows. And to ensure windows is not infected again after reinstalltion due to viruses that might have lodged themselves in other drives, I am thinking of deleting the folders "RECYCLER" and "System Volume Information",these are system folders that windows maintains on each drive. I can delete these folders through Linux.
Question: Is it enough if i delete these folders or are there any other system folder that i should delete? I am completely formatting C drive. Also is it necessary to delete .exe files on other drives?

Please help!!!
Related:

2 responses

ste22 Posts 3 Registration date Wednesday April 15, 2009 Status Member Last seen June 6, 2009
May 23, 2009 at 08:43 AM
hi,
if you delete these files and folders, your computer may not function properly.
try to boot in safe mode and try to install the antivirus.
or you may do a system restore and then install the antivirus.
No dude had to reinstall my system! I had to remove linux cause Xp cd would not boot otherwise! But i advice you to delete the above mentioned folders before reinstalling Xp it works! Or you can install an antivirus as soon as you reinstall the system and scan the other drives before opening them. All the best!