Did you notice that your clear phone case turns yellow over time? Don't worry, there's a solution to fix this with a few simple household items and prevent your phone case from yellowing in the future. Read this article to find out why it turns yellow and how to stop it.
Why does my clear phone case turn yellow?
Clear phone cases often turn yellow over time, and the stain is often hard to remove. Heat and ultraviolet light cause the yellowing of your clear phone case. You can't really avoid it and changing the phone case very time it turns yellow can be quite expensive and not sustainable. However, you can easily and quickly clean your phone case with a couple of household items, such as dish soap, vinegar, and baking soda, and make it shiny and new again.
How to clean a clear phone case with dish soap
Dish soap effectively cuts through grease and serves as an excellent cleaning agent that can help to remove yellow stains from your clear phone case.
- Simply mix a few drops of dish soap with warm water in a container and use a spare toothbrush to scrub the case with the soapy water.
- Dip your phone case into the soapy water afterwards and repeat the procedure until the yellowness is gone.
- Finally, drain the dirty water and rinse your phone case in clean water, dry it with a microfiber cloth, or simply leave it to dry in the open air before reapplying it to your phone.
How to clean your clear phone case with white vinegar
White vinegar is a great natural cleaner thanks to its acidity. It can remove dirt and disinfect surfaces and objects easily. To clean your phone case with it, find a container where your phone case fits. Place it in the container and put something heavy on top to hold it down (make sure it's not made of metal to avoid corrosion). Sprinkle a couple tablespoons of baking soda on the case and a cup of white vinegar. Leave it to soak for a few hours. Next, rinse your phone case and dry it. This might do the trick.
How to clean your clear phone case with baking soda
Baking soda is another great cleaner. It dissolves grease and dirt and is excellent thanks to its abrasiveness. Sprinkle some baking soda over your clear phone case, and with a spare and wet toothbrush scrub the soda in the case. Repeat the same action on the other side of your phone case until the yellowness is gone. When you are done, rinse the case and let it dry. Finally, you can reapply your phone case on your phone.
How to clean your clear phone case with rubbing alcohol
If you want to do two things at the same time: clean your phone case and disinfect it, rubbing alcohol can do the trick. However, it can discolor some surfaces, so do a test on a small area before applying it to the whole phone case.
- Apply some rubbing alcohol on a microfiber cloth and wipe an empty phone case with it.
- Make sure to clean the charging port hole and the corners.
- Then, remove the alcohol with a clean microfiber cloth and let it dry.
- Reapply the case on your phone when it's completely dry.
Can I bleach my clear phone case?
Bleaching can damage the phone case since it uses quite powerful agents. So, if you want to get rid of the yellowness of your clear phone case, try the above methods instead.