Mulitimedia audio controller

Solved/Closed
WickyZ - Jun 18, 2009 at 07:10 AM
 eeennii - Jul 5, 2010 at 03:00 AM
Hello,
I have the same problems with ma audio device, my computer cannot generate any sound. I followed through the troubleshooter but just couldn't get it fixed.
When I click on the audio devices through the system devices it appears to have "?" sing in the form of a yellow colour...please help me resolve dis...Would be much appreciated....
iv lost my motherboard CD..so if it requires a driver download, is there a way to get it done for free..
and help me to configure which audio controller im using without having to remove the casing.
Related:

4 responses

I had the same problem after installing Windows 7 on my Fujitsu Siemens SCALEO C (oldie) Multimedia station PC.

It has a CMI AC97 onboard sound card and it was not recognized by the OS after installation. I spend a few good days trying to locate a driver for the card, either through CMI (which was in chinese!) site or from forums and other peoples experiences. Nada! Nothing definitive or working.

Then today I did the obvious.

Went to Menu > Control Center > Devices and Printers and double-clicked on the system icon. Then on the soundcard icon (with the exclamation mark - trouble) and asked the system to look for a driver automatically from the Internet.

And Voila! after a few seconds it found the driver, downloaded and installed it automatically!

I HEAR YOU LORD! The conclusion is that, we are so disappointed by Micro$oft that we don't believe that they can come up with something properly working, and when we run into trouble we start looking around for help among other co-sufferers, instead of trying to see if there is a normal fix from begining.

Windows 7 is not the best (NOT EVEN CLOSE) and it should recognize standard H/W like CMI AC97 sound cards! but at least it seems to work a little better than Vista (brrrr!).
good
good
yes