How to get rid of a hacker on my website

Solved/Closed
alexdas Posts 3 Registration date Friday December 23, 2022 Status Member Last seen February 8, 2023 - Updated on Dec 26, 2022 at 06:28 AM
alexdas Posts 3 Registration date Friday December 23, 2022 Status Member Last seen February 8, 2023 - Jan 27, 2023 at 01:29 AM

Hi,

Last week somebody attacked my website. The hacker is doing malware attacks, and my website builds in WordPress. How can I stop it? I cleaned the Cache and removed all cracked plugins. 

1 response

vishvajit Posts 5 Registration date Tuesday January 24, 2023 Status Member Last seen January 24, 2023 4
Updated on Jan 24, 2023 at 04:34 AM

If you suspect your website has been hacked, it's important to act quickly to secure your site and prevent further damage. Here are some steps you can take to remove a hacker from your website:

1. Change all your login credentials, including your admin username and password, and make sure they are strong and unique.
  2. Use a web application firewall (WAF) to block any suspicious activity on your site.
  3. Scan your website for malware and vulnerabilities using a security plugin or online tool.
  4. Remove any malicious code or files the hacker may have added to your site.
  5. Check your website's file permissions and make sure they are set correctly.
  6. Ensure that your website runs the latest version of its software and all its dependencies.
  7. Check your website logs for any suspicious activity, such as unauthorized logins and IP addresses that are not from trusted sources.
  8. If you cannot remove the hacker or secure your website on your own, consider hiring a professional or contacting your website host for assistance.

It is important to keep your website updated and maintain good security practices to minimize the chances of being hacked in the future.

alexdas Posts 3 Registration date Friday December 23, 2022 Status Member Last seen February 8, 2023
Updated on Jan 27, 2023 at 05:16 AM

thanks ..... I updated all these steps and checked.