HP Pavilion 6840ew Vista drivers problem

Closed
ptasiek83 Posts 2 Registration date Saturday August 16, 2008 Status Member Last seen August 18, 2008 - Aug 17, 2008 at 03:08 PM
 jamestech22 - Jun 5, 2009 at 03:20 AM
Hello,

I decided to go with my own Windows Vista and deleted the one supported with this Laptop due to the loads of memory stuffing programmes I don't use.

After the installation I've noticed that the Device Manager lacks drivers for coprocessor nVIDIA MCO65 (or MCP) - Management Unit and PCI nVIDIA MCP65 - SMBus Controller that goes with system management bus controller (or sth alike since my windows is in polish).

I have no idea which drivers to install and from where get them. I've installed pretty much everything from the official page of this model.
Related:

7 responses

DV6500 Posts 20 Registration date Monday August 11, 2008 Status Member Last seen September 4, 2008 11
Aug 17, 2008 at 06:42 PM
Hello, i have an HP DV6500 and when i upgraded my vista and formatted the hard drive i had the same problem.

What you need to do:
1) Go to https://www8.hp.com/fr/fr/home.html

2) Look for a link on the MIDDLE LEFT side of the page that say "Software & Driver Downloads" (click it)

3) Now type in "Pavilion 6840ew" into the search form (search form say's "for product:" in front of it)

4) Select "Microsoft Windows Vista" or "Microsoft Windows Vista (64-bit)" depending on your OS type

5) Select the drivers you need, Audio, Graphics, Chipset, Mouse & Keyboard, etc.

6) When you click on the driver you need, such as audio, it will take you to another page. Scroll down the page and click the "Download Only" button.

7) Save and run the installation files.

NOTE: You will need to kno what type of processor and chipset your computer has. Ex: My DV6500 has an nVidia graphics card, Broadcom Wireless, and AMD processor. All this can be found in your user manual if you don't know.

Hope that helps,
DV6500

EDIT: It sounds like the drivers you need are the Chipset drivers. If you need help installing the drivers please ask =)
ptasiek83 Posts 2 Registration date Saturday August 16, 2008 Status Member Last seen August 18, 2008
Aug 18, 2008 at 04:04 AM
Thanks for the reply and sorry for being not precise enough.

There are no chipset drivers on the official support page for this model, or at least I can not find them. There are graphics, wireless, sound, input etc drivers, but no chipset :/.

EDIT:
I know that my processor is AMD 64 X2 graphics card is nVidai 8400M (I believe), but still no drivers for chipset. There is a chipset driver for XP though, but it doesn't work with Vista.
DV6500 Posts 20 Registration date Monday August 11, 2008 Status Member Last seen September 4, 2008 11
Aug 21, 2008 at 09:31 PM
weird... im sorry for the inconvence of this but i dont know of anyway to get the drivers :/
INtel chips, go to intels site :)

Didn't find the answer you are looking for?

Ask a question
I mean AMD. do'h.
Sep 4, 2008 at 12:26 AM
lol that might be the problem ;)
You can try use this software called driver detective (can be downloaded from http://www.fixyourdrivers.com). It will search the right drivers for this and it will recommend anything else you need to do.

Hope that helps

Jimmy