How to open hidden files

Closed
mike - Jan 31, 2010 at 11:30 PM
 pia - Oct 4, 2012 at 05:42 AM
Hello,
I mike, i have my memory card stick of Sony Cybershot camera, when i insert the memory card stick on my PC through card slot, kaspersky perform scanning. Then after scan is finished, when I open the file folder on memory card stick, I can't see any files on a folder. But when I check memory card stick properties, it is there, I mean I know the all the files is already there on the memory card stick because as per properties, I see the capacity usage.

Pleasse help me how to open the files and recover it. because it is very important.

Many thanks,
MIKE

2 responses

mike0502 Posts 2 Registration date Sunday January 31, 2010 Status Member Last seen February 1, 2010 2
Feb 1, 2010 at 12:46 AM
please reply
rizvisa1 Posts 4478 Registration date Thursday January 28, 2010 Status Contributor Last seen May 5, 2022 766
Jan 31, 2010 at 11:35 PM
Could there be a password on folder?
no any password there
mike0502 Posts 2 Registration date Sunday January 31, 2010 Status Member Last seen February 1, 2010 2
Feb 1, 2010 at 12:42 AM
any answers please?
no any paspword there
I had the same problem with my cybershot WX7. This is what i did to solve my prob. First and important step is to scan your cameras drive(SD card) by using your antivirus software. You will be amazed to find that ur camera has been infected by a virus. The virus can get in there through ur own PC(while it was connected) or must have gotten in ther through someone elses pc(like at the printers shop. The virus deletes important .dll files on your p.c which somehow hides all photographs taken before the date the camera got infected. The most imp file deleted is the MSVBVM60.dll. Even the show hidden folders in windows explorer wont solve this problem. So the nest and final step after running a virus scan would be to go to a website called dllfiles.com and download their free trial version of dill files fixer and run the rial version according to instructions. Rebbot your p.c ans again check your cameras DCIM folder for all your pics. they should have appeared by now. If not google the .dll file name and install the dll file i mentioned earlier. Reboot and u should have all ur pics. Some junk virus folder would still be in ur camera sd drive, which would not delete. Finally to delete them u have to format ur cameras SD card. U r clear now.